The Chicago Wrestling Club Message Board › June 4 Navy Pier Tornament

June 4 Navy Pier Tornament

Peter H.
user 5091165
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
June 4 is rapidly approaching!

I have emailed members about the Chicago Wrestling Festival previously but let me repeat some of what I wrote.

We need both volunteers and wrestlers. Hopefully, every club member will do one or the other if at all possible. If you plan to wrestle you should register online on the World Sport Chicago web site,

http://www.worldsportchicago.org/wrestling-fest.aspx­

Keep in mind that you will need a USA Wrestling membership card. If you don't have one you will be able to purchase one with the registration.

We also need a lot of volunteers, primarily to work the tables as scorekeepers or timers during the tournament. A few volunteers will also work at the head table or help with weigh-ins. All volunteers will receive a free T-shirt. The freestyle tournament is from 9 to 11 AM, so you are only committing to half a day, although you are welcome to stay for the folkstyle wrestling in the afternoon.

Although I have talked to many of you about this, and many people have expressing interest, we now need to get some firm committments. If you are able to help, please email both me AND Josh Watkins at

petehaag@alum.mit.edu­

josh@wrestlechicago.com­

I will be in Germany for the next 10 days to wrestle in the German veterans national championships, so I will not be available by phone, but I will be checking my email periodically.

See you at the end of May.

- Peter Haag