addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Chicago Wrestling Club Message Board › Navy Pier tournament -- Wrestlers and volunteers needed

Navy Pier tournament -- Wrestlers and volunteers needed

Peter H.
user 5091165
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
The World Sport Chicago Wrestling Festival at Navy Pier will be held on Saturday, April 26. Our club is again one of the organizers. Each year the tournament gets bigger and better. This year seniors (age 18 and older) will be able to wrestle folkstyle as well as freestyle. In addition, there will be a female division for all ages.
I would like as many club members as possible to participate in this tournament. If you don't want to wrestle then hopefully you will be able to volunteer.
To wrestle you will need to purchase a USA Wrestling membership. If you don't already have one (and everyone in the club should have one for insurance purposes), please go to http://usawmembership.com/­ and get one. If you were a member in the past you already have an ID and password and I can look it up for you. Otherwise you will first need to create an account. After you have done this you can register for the tournament at http://www.worldsportchicago.org/programs/wrestling/­. This year you must pay when you register. You won't be able to pay or register Saturday morning.
Another change is that there will be no weigh-ins Saturday morning. Instead, there will be various places around the city where you can weigh in on Friday evening. However, for our convenience I have made special arrangements to allow wrestlers to weigh in Thursday evening at our regular practice time at HiFi.
Finally, if you want to volunteer, we will need people to work the tables both morning (freestyle) and afternoon (folkstyle). If you are available you can work one session or both. Volunteers should get T-shirts and lunch vouchers, but I am not sure of the exact arrangements yet. If you want to volunteer please call or email me and I will put you on the list.
Peter Haag, 773-477-7835
petehaag@alum.mit.edu