addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Orlando Writers Meetup Group Message Board › Critique group meeting / NonFiction MiniConference / Movie Tickets!

Critique group meeting / NonFiction MiniConference / Movie Tickets!

Rik F.
RikFeeney
Group Organizer
Altamonte Springs, FL
Critique group meeting / NonFiction MiniConference / Movie Tickets!

Critique group meeting – Tuesday, June 18th at 7:00pm at the Denny’s in Casselberry on the corner of S.R. 436 (Semoran Blvd.) and Oxford Road.
If you would like to read and be critiqued, please bring 500-words of your writing, extra copies (about 20) if you would like feedback in writing, and you will get between eight and ten minutes to present your work.
The first half of your time, usually four to five minutes, you will read your piece, then the next four to five minutes the other writers will offer suggestions, if necessary, and comment on your work.
Thanks for joining our group. I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting. If you have any questions, please email me at Rik@PublishingSuccessOnline.com­.  ~RIK~

2013 NonFiction Mini-Conference – June 22nd
Discover the secrets of the nonfiction niche market from experts. Hone your craft at workshops. Pitch your work to agents and publishers. Click here for the list of faculty. Click here for workshop details and schedule. Click here to register. Click here to sell your books, tapes, or CDs at the conference bookstore.
What:  Nonfiction Mini Conference
When: June 22, 2013 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Where: University Club
841 N Park Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
Cost:    $60 Members             $80 Nonmembers
Interviews: $25.00 if booked prior to June 1, 2013;
$40.00 if booked on or after June 1, 2013.
Directions to the FWA NonFiction Mini-Conference
The University Club of Winter Park
841 N. Park Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
From I-4 East or West, take the Lee Road exit and head East toward the Atlantic Ocean. Lee Road will dead end at 17-92 (Orlando Ave.) where you will make a right turn, then get immediately into the left turn lane to make a left on Webster (as you turn a Borders book store will be on your right). Follow Webster through a light at Denning, then another light at the railroad tracks, then you will come to a stop sign, actually stop, then before the next stop sign (which is Park Ave) you will turn left into the University Club. Go up the ramp to the side door, then keep going to your left inside to the library where we hold the meeting.

Freé movie tickets!
“STUCK IN LOVE” (Millennium Entertainment/R/96 mins.) starring Jennifer Connelly, Greg Kinnear & Kristen Bell, opens in Orlando area theatres on July 5,, 2013.
www.StuckInLoveMovie.com­
I am hosting a freé ADVANCE SCREENING of the film (which is all about writers!!) Monday, June 24th, 7:30pm @ the REGAL WINTER PARK CINEMA in Winter Park and will have the below talent from the film making an appearance that night at the screening:
Director: JOSH BOONE http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1837748/?ref_=tt_ov_dr­
Actor:  NAT WOLFF http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1822659/?ref_=tt_cl_t10­
Attached here is a SCREENING PASS/TICKET you can circulate as you wish. It admits two into the screening. PLEASE NOTE SEATING IS FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED. Also attached is the SYNOPSIS for the film, which tells you what the film is all about.
Since the film is all about writers, I would love to have some of your members in attendance as I think they would not only enjoy the film, but also enjoy speaking w/ the talent about the script and the subject matter, etc.
Email Rik at Rik@PublishingSuccessOnline.com­ for movie tickets and synopsis attachment.