addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Philadelphia Writers Meetup Group Message Board › MORE ON THE SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MAGAZINE CONTEST FRAUD

MORE ON THE SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN MAGAZINE CONTEST FRAUD

GenePoz
GenePozniak
Riverton, NJ
(AKA: Why not to trust contests operating under the laws of Singapore!)

Out of 10 finalists from 200+ ENTRIES, four seem completely random, four were submitted within the last two days of the contest (which started Aug. 1), and two were submitted AFTER the contest deadline. NONE were even close to being among the top ten vote getters, after we were told that voting would be a factor (those original instructions are conveniently missing now!). That means that people we asked to take the time to read and vote completely wasted their efforts. This situation couldn't look any more suspicious if I'd taken it out of the pages of a cheap detective novel. I intend to formally complain to the Board of Sci. Am. Online and everyone connected with it.
[I will, however, have the last laugh. Stay tuned!]
Gene Pozniak
A former member
Post #: 2
I am sorry that Gene did not receive the recognition that he hoped for; however, I would like to register my complaint about this use of the Philadelphia Writers Meetup. In this case, I believe Gene's efforts to promote his work constitute an abuse of his role as organizer.

I do not see how these messages offer any opportunities or benefits to other members of the Meetup. I recognize that I should have made this complaint on the occasion of his original request, but these postmortem messages also hold little value for the members.
Steve
user 3993852
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 28
I had no problem with the first request. It would be cool for a member to win a big contest and jump start his book to getting published with our help. Gene has been a great contributor the group in both submission but also especially his critique comments. When things went south with the contest itself, that was a bit over the top, and he should had channeled his anger perhaps for a posting not an email to all, but for Gene I give him a pass.
Steve
user 3993852
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 29
I had no problem with the first request. It would be cool for a member to win a big contest and jump start his book to getting published with our help. Gene has been a great contributor the group in both submission but also especially his critique comments. When things went south with the contest itself, that was a bit over the top, and he should had channeled his anger perhaps for a posting not an email to all, but for Gene I give him a pass.