Fayetteville Writers Message Board › New Meetup: CLICK ON THE MESSAGE TO OPEN IT

New Meetup: CLICK ON THE MESSAGE TO OPEN IT

George William N.
user 13789758
Group Organizer
Cameron, NC
Announcing a new Meetup for Fayetteville Writers!

What: CLICK ON THE MESSAGE TO OPEN IT
When: Friday, May 6, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: Your Place
123 Any Street
Fayetteville, NC 28307

Why: writers, we need some work to critique, let me know what you have

Check it out!
A former member
Post #: 3
I have a small suggestion...I know a lot of people are working on their own projects (novels, etc), but let's just take a week or two to bring a short story to the table so we can be involved in this group. Doesn't have to be epic or anything like that, just something short simple and that we can critique as writers. I plan on writing at least one short story within the week or even the next week just to write. I think if we need a place to go to, there is a little coffee shop over on Boone Trail that we could go to. It's a suggestion. You know? Anyway...that's all from me for now.
A former member
Post #: 10
Coffee shops are too noisy and usually crowded as well, a better choice would be one of the conference rooms at the library. Bordeau, Hope Mills, Main, North, Cliffdale, West branches are possibilities. As for the short story thing that is something that we could all do to get an idea of each others style at least.
George William N.
user 13789758
Group Organizer
Cameron, NC
Post #: 10
I have been working on setting up e mailing writes for cririques and getting NO RESPONSES
A former member
Post #: 5
I had already said I'll critique. I don't have any work at the moment, bout to work on my own suggestion and do a short story.
George William N.
user 13789758
Group Organizer
Cameron, NC
Post #: 11
yes, we have a list of writers who will critique, but we have no writers who will send in stuff to critique
George William N.
user 13789758
Group Organizer
Cameron, NC
Post #: 12
any public place which is open to the general public is a bad place to be trying to do a read of your write to get a critique, in competition with other people talking and moving about,
and interrupting your read with their own comments,
a rock concert is not a good place to be doing a read of one of your writes to get a critique,
you need an accessable conference type room which is private and quiet,
what is this fixation to be entertained while you are doing a read of your write to get a critique?
One of the fun rides at Disney World is not a good place to try to do a read of one of your writes and get a critique and do a discussion on it after
G