The Lexington Prose Group--Founded by Katya Stoykova-Klemer Pages
The Lexington Prose Group
Every Tuesday at 7:00 pm
Every Thursday at 10:00 am
Common Grounds, 343 High St, Lexington, KY
(Look for us in room before the staircase to the second floor)
Recommended Reading: Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne & Dave King
We are a critique group for works in progress. The name “Prose Group” seems to attract fiction writers, but non-fiction is welcome.
Sharing Your Work
- Bring five copies of about five pages (single spaced) of your writing to the meeting.
- Each person is allotted about 15 minutes for reading and a critique.
- Let the work speak for itself. If you use your time to explain the piece, you will run out of time for both a reading and a critique.
- Long chapters should be broken into smaller chunks and the readings spread out over two or more meetings.
The Art of Critiques
Our motto: No writers should be harmed during the course of a critique.
- Positive Feedback. Please be sure to mark what you like in a piece in addition to suggestions for improvement.
- When receiving a critique, there is no need to defend your piece. Just accept any helpful ideas or insights and ignore the rest.
Feel free to email the facilitators if you have any other questions.