Okay, we don't have anybody presenting this week, so we're going to try something different. First off, we're going to meet at my place. Second, everyone is invited to bring in DVDs and show the group a part of a movie which we you think is well written. A brief discussion of each piece will follow, along with an explanaition of the person who brought it. We'll start at 7 and end at 8:30PM.
3300 Cutter Way
Sacramento, CA 95818
- Keep the piece under 5 minutes.
- Don't spoil the end of a great movie the others might not have seen.
- Keep your explanation of why it's well written relatively brief and be specific.
- The piece should demonstrate good writing. Don't just show us some movie segment and say "I really like it."
- Inside voices! My baby will be sleeping, or trying to sleep, so we'll have to keep it down.
- We will need to end on time, so everybody will have to be out by 8:30PM.
- I'm also going to limit the size of the group to nine.
- Bring your own DVD, since I probably don't own what you want to show.
- If you want to show something that demonstrates bad writing, that's okay too. All of the above rules apply - give reasons why it's bad writing, and be specific.