July 30, 2013 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Here is what this meeting is all about.
- For those of you who want to write, I am seeking writers to join a collaborative effort for several different works that I would like to see on bookstore shelves and in all the electronic storefronts. Any writers who join this project will share equally with the other writers on their book, no one else. A variety of genres and themes, come by and ask to know more - here are a few:
- CyberPunk (think Bladerunner-eske)
- Sherlock Holmes (the continuing adventures Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's classic series)
- Cthulthu! (if you have read H.P.Lovecraft you know what this is)
- Steampunk or Victoriana
- Stitchpunk for young adults, teens, and/or children
- Gothic style horror (think Bram Stoker or Mary Shelley style)
- A series of books for children
- High Fantasy (in the style of the Belgariad or the Lord of the Rings)
- Historical Fiction
- For those of you who want something in between the paragraph above and the one below, I am taking on people (novices) to train as editors in chief (the name is a misnomer as the position does not have anything to do with editing as you understand it) for one of nine new quarterly periodicals we have developed. Any writers who join this project, will share in the profits that a periodical generates. A variety of genres and themes, come by and ask to know more.
- For those of you who want something more challenging but with greater potential reward, consider that our meetup group has its very own publishing company that is open to all our members to join regardless of previous expertise or experience (it is a real federal corporation, the organizer of this meetup setup to get writers into the publishing field). It is owned and run by some of your fellow members already... and best of all this was setup for our members and there is no cost to join or to participate, it is FREE. If you would like to publish other writers' manuscripts, run a magazine (periodicals both electronic and in print), or learn about layout, graphic design, magazine design, and the business end of the publishing business then this is an option you may like to consider.
Think about all the possibilities (become a published author with guaranteed distribution channels, chance for merchandising if your story has a large fan base, chance for movies scripts, etc.), before dismissing the options presented above, they are unique. If you do not know why, ask me.
For those of you who need help with your writing and you already have your idea but need mentoring (help), I am holding another meeting at this exact same time and same place. The two overlap and have many of the same points so I can do both together. Please do not worry about the fact there are 2 meetings at the same time and place, I can handle both very easily and will give you my undivided attention.