|Sent on:||Sunday, November 4, 2012 7:08 PM|
AvantLink is looking for an experienced, high-level LAMP developer and systems administrator. The successful candidate will lead a team of developers and support technicians to maintain and improve a highly-redundant, high-traffic network and web applications. Strong work ethic and self-motivation required; there will be little time for hand-holding or step-by-step instruction. You must be willing to learn on the job!
This is an opportunity to become part of a young, fast growing, technically advanced, Inc 500 Affiliate marketing company and to make a contribution to its growth and success.
• 4+ years PHP development (PHP 5.0+, no particular framework required).
› Object-oriented development
› Both Apache and CLI PHP usage
• Linux server administration (command-line interface experience is a must).
› Log file review
› Package installation
› Using SSH to access servers
• Experience with the full LAMP stack (preferably installation/configuration and ongoing maintenance).
› Apache 2 configuration
› SSL certificate installation
› Configuring public DNS entries
• 4+ years MySQL development and administration (for the latter, experience with performing backups/restores is a must, and experience with replication is highly valued).
› Stored routine development
› Advanced query experience (complex JOINs, UNION statements)
› Indexing/performance optimization
Not required, but helpful:
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, particularly CloudFront and EC2.
• Experience with reverse-proxy or load balancing applications (e.g. pound, nginx).
• Experience with clustered server pairs (e.g. using heartbeat/pacemaker).
• Experience with monitoring solutions, particularly Nagios.
• Experience with full-text search solutions (e.g. Sphinx, Lucene).
• Experience with mail server configuration and administration (e.g. postfix).
• Experience with multiple Linux distributions, particularly Gentoo and Ubuntu.
• Experience with content management systems (e.g. WordPress or Drupal).
How To Apply
Contact: Scott Kalbach
Email Resume: [address removed]