Denver "Yappy Hour" for a Cause Message Board › Dog friendly lakes?

Dog friendly lakes?

A former member
Post #: 4
Are there any dog friendly lakes in the area? Just moved here and I have a lab that doesn't really know water! LOL Gotta get him in-dog-trinated!

Thanks, Ali
A former member
Post #: 1
Ali,

Love the last word! I take my lab/border collie mix to Cherry Creek State Park Offleash area. They have a creek that runs through the park and a pond that the dogs absolutely love! When we're not in a drought, you can wade through the creek on a hot summer day, absolutely perfect! You do have to pay to go into Cherry Creek State Park but if you buy a year pass for $93, it pays for itself in about 8 visits.

For more info on Cherry Creek, check out the website: http://www.parks.stat...­

If you buy that pass, you can also get in to Chatfield Reservoir which has a dog offleash area and a dog beach I believe.

Happy Hunting! And welcome to Denver! You'll love it.

Lindsey
Whitney
user 20364401
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
Coot Lake and Boulder Reservoir if you get a Boulder Site and Voice tag are great!
A former member
Post #: 11
Thanks for the info! We took him to Cherry Creek Reservoir and went to a not so populated area and let him get in. Not sure if we are supposed to, but he has had a blast out there swimming and retrieving his sticks!!