add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Denver "Yappy Hour" for a Cause Message Board › Event details changed: January Happy Hour

Event details changed: January Happy Hour

A former member
Hey Dog Lovers,

I've put a maximum limit on the number of attendees for the January Happy Hour event. I didn't expect such huge response, and since I haven't finalized a venue yet, I thought it best to keep it to a dull roar.

This isn't to say that I won't open this event up again. If I can get a place large enough to accommodate more than 60 people (+ dogs), I will. But for now, I think 60 people is enough.

Which brings me to another concern. My experience with Meetups in general has (unfortunately) taught me that more than a few people who RSVP to events don't show up the day of. PLEASE be certain that, if you say you will, you'll be coming to this event. It's become very important that you follow through on your RSVP for a couple of reasons:

1) You fill a slot to a limited event. Plus your guests. If you don't show up, that's another person that could have come, but didn't get to. That's really unfair to them, y'know?

2) No bar can accommodate dogs inside. On patios, yes, but not indoors because it's against city health code. So I have to find a dog-friendly place that I might have to rent out. This changes the nature of the event from a "come by whenever you want" event to a "I paid for you to be here" event.

I'm looking at doggie day cares & even the Hotel Monaco (a dog-freindly hotel), maybe in one of their event rooms. This event may also be changing to a BYOB event (doggie day cares don't serve liquor). If that happens, the cost overall may decrease. :)

Just thought I'd keep you all posted and assure you that I'm working to find a venue for this event, as are others who have provided suggestions and contacts. Thanks for all the help, really! If you people are as cool in person as you are on the net, we're gonna party hardy!

If this info affects your RSVP, please go here to update it:

When: Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Where: A location has not been chosen yet.

RSVP limit: 60 "Yes" and "Maybe" RSVPs

You can always get in touch with me through the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the website: http://activedogs.mee...­