Denver "Yappy Hour" for a Cause Message Board › help Melissa reach her goal

help Melissa reach her goal

A former member
Post #: 18
Dear Fellow Animal Lovers,

I have some great news to announce -- I am taking part in the 15th annual Furry Scurry again this year on May 3rd for my 8th year in a row! The Furry Scurry is a two-mile walk and fun run at Washington Park that supports the Dumb Friends League. To learn more, visit

As you know, there are many wonderful organizations out there, and it's difficult for me to have to ask friends and family for money, but I passionately believe in the League. This place doesn't just say they make a difference -- they really do make a difference! Last year, the League adopted 15,181 animals into safe and loving homes. Can you imagine what a task that must be?

The Dumb Friends League has one of the strongest reputations in the country for providing humane care to lost and abandoned animals -- rescuing sick, injured and abused animals; adopting pets to new homes; helping pets stay in homes; and educating pet owners and the public about the needs of companion animals.

You may not know this either, but the League is the largest animal welfare organization in the Rocky Mountain region, welcoming as many as 25,000 animals a year. They turn no animals away. Every animal that enters through the shelter's doors is treated with compassion and receives comfort.

Often, people feel like they have to donate a lot of money to make a difference. Please know that each cent adds up, and any amount you donate is welcome and appreciated. Each cent will make a difference in the lives of our four-footed friends! As little as $30 will help nurture a kitten or puppy that needs foster care, and $85 will help spay a cat or dog. (Last year the League spayed/neutered 8,040 animals prior to adoption -- that's a lot!)

Because I wholeheartedly believe that the Dumb Friends League makes a difference in the world, I want to ask for your support for the Furry Scurry. It would mean a great deal to me, and you would know that your money would be well spent making the world a better place for many animals that deserve a better life and another chance they might not otherwise be given.

Thank you so much!

Melissa Kauffman
1364 W.111th Place
Northglenn, CO. 80234