align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Denver "Yappy Hour" for a Cause Message Board › animal shelter needs your help

animal shelter needs your help

A former member
Dear Dog Lovers,

I don't want to "hound" you, so I will send this email just one time. But I wanted to let you know about a wonderful event and a chance for you to help some animals in need! This year on May 2nd, I will once again be participating in the 16th annual Furry Scurry for the Denver Dumb Friends League animal shelter. I am so thankful for the help provided by friends, clients, and family last year and am counting on the help of others once again.

The League's two shelters are amazing places that really make an impact on the lives of homeless cats, dogs, and other small animals.

Last year, for example, the League:

-adopted 16,415 pets to new homes,
-spayed/neutered more than 9,100 animals
-nurtured 3,510 animals in foster care
-cares for 46 percent of all of Denver's lost and relinquished pets each year
-An average of 79 cats, dogs, kittens and puppies, small mammals and birds are brought to its shelter's every day
the League spends an average of $300 on every animal adopted, above the fee paid by the adopter. It all adds up.

I'm asking you to help the homeless pets in the League's care by making a donation at my personal donation website at the end of this posting. I wholeheartedly believe that this organization makes a huge difference for animals that might otherwise have little hope. The smallest pledge can make a huge impact on the future of an animal -- even just $30 will help the League nurture a puppy or a kitten in foster care.

Can I count on you to help me with a pledge of $25, $30 or even $50? (Of course, I will be delighted to take more...)

Thank you in advance for helping me and my four-footed and feathered friends! I appreciate your support and I know it will mean even more to the animals.

To donate, please copy and paste this address into your browser or click here: http://support.ddfl.o...­

Sincerely,

Melissa Kauffman

A Pet's Best Friend