Join yoga teacher Ananda Leeke (www.anandaleeke.com/id6.html) for kind and gentle yoga in the park on the following Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.: August 26, September 9, October 14, and November 4.
The yoga class will take place by the reflecting pool (with ducks and flowers) and waterfall located near the Malcolm X/Meridian Hill Park entrance at 16th Street and Florida Avenue (at the bottom of the hill).
The yoga class is offered free of charge with an invitation for class members to make a donation to the OBAMA 2012 campaign either online through the donation button on BarackObama.com: https://contribute.barackobama.com/donation/index.html. You can also make a donation offline by giving Ananda your donation before or after the class. She will submit all yoga class donations online as a part of her OBAMA 2012 campaign fundraising efforts.
Contact Information: Ananda Leeke, www.anandaleeke.com and [masked]
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN MAT. Mats are NOT provided.
- Dress in comfortable clothes.
- Try not to eat or drink 1 hour before the class.
- If it rains, the group will not meet.
Additional Yoga Resources:
A. DC Yoga Resources
1) Check out DC Yoga Community web site’s monthly event calendar for free or $5 yoga classes: http://dccy.org/events.
2) Find free and/or inexpensive yoga classes during National Yoga Month in your local area by visiting http://www.yogamonth.org.
· 3) Participate in DC Yoga Week activities held during second week of May (some classes at studios are offered for free and at a reduced price): http://dccy.org/dc-yoga-week
B. Ananda's Yoga Resources
1) Practice online yoga with Ananda for 15 minutes by watching videos.
2) Read about Ananda's yoga, meditation, green living, spiritual, and creative journey in her book That Which Awakens Me: A Creative Woman's Poetic Memoir of Self-Discovery (2009).
3) Witness the journey of a DC yoga teacher's life and adventures on U Street, 16th Street, Dupont Circle, and Adams Morgan in Ananda's debut novel Love's Troubadours - Karma: Book One (2007).
C. Additional Online Yoga Resources
- Subscribe to Yoga Journal's free newsletter: www.yogajournal.com.
- Explore free yoga videos on YouTube (see list below)
-yoga breathing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YumVsAhcGEU and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41V8w00E6o
warm up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HOjLQScocM
part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3vLZqPZxZE
part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMUPZ4IMQQ
part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Bxd4B7spw
-full yoga class: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3kA7G3hZbg
-yoga for better sleep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKm7Br6PaGw
-yoga for sadness relief: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofQabiS3C4