addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Portland Metro Yoga Message Board › The Organization Behind Stretch 4 Survivors

The Organization Behind Stretch 4 Survivors

A former member
Post #: 1
My name is Tonya Priestley. I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 38 years old. Like I have told so many people, getting breast cancer was a blessing for both me and my family. It has set me on a different path in life and I am so very grateful!! And in the spirit of seva, I decided to create this organization to help others.

Sisters 4 Survivors is a 501c3 not for profit group that empowers women with breast cancer through education, support, and services. Any donations made to our organization go directly to our programs to help women with breast cancer. Because we have no overhead nor do we pay any salaries, dollar for dollar go direct to helping those facing the challenges of this disease!!

Our programs for women with breast cancer include the following:

Education - Empowerment (education) Night and mobile library of books for women to check out
Support - Cancer Posse social hour and Young Survivors support group
Services - Makeover, Photo Shoot, Head Shaving Party, Massage, Acupunture, Naturopathic Medicine and Mind/Body therapy like Yoga and/or meditation

$30 can help pay for a woman to to experience yoga therapy to reduce stress/increase mobility or to have a makeover when dealing with hairloss, $50 can help pay for a woman to have a massage or acupunture to help them with pain and/or nasuea, and $400 can help sponsor a survivor for all of our services.

I came up with the idea for Stretch 4 Survivors on a business trip last June. I emailed my breast surgeon about doing yoga vs running or walking for a charity event and she immediately emailed me studies showing amazing results from yoga for breast cancer survivors! I knew that doing a 24 hour yoga event would be challenging but so rewarding! It's my goal to not only raise awareness for our cause but to raise awareness of the benefits of yoga and meditation for everyone.... not just those with breast cancer.

You can read more about my story and our organization at www.sisters4survivors.org

Your donations and help for our cause are very needed and appreciated! Thank you for your support!
A former member
Post #: 9
Victoria Secrets and many other manufacturers use formaldehyde in their factory production of underwire bras. Underwire, which aggressively lock the lymph fluids right there for maximum trapping and concentration of absorbed toxins. Another reason why we should STILL be burning bras. The faster they combust, the more full of poison they are.