addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Portland Metro Yoga Message Board › Seeking once a week yoga instructor for Alternative High School

Seeking once a week yoga instructor for Alternative High School

A former member
Hi all,

I'm currently teaching yoga/mindfulness meditation (among other things) at Alpha High School in Gresham, OR. Yes, Gresham is far, but it's one block off the Cleveland Ave. MAX stop so the commute is actually quite pleasant with a book or your iDevice.
I will be leaving Alpha next year to pursue my graduate studies and am looking to hire someone to come out to Alpha once a week to teach yoga in an alternative school setting.
I have had tremendous success and such a positive experience here. The impact on student stress levels and giving them tools to cope (not to mention to feel better physically and emotionally) through yoga and mindfulness meditation has been hugely rewarding.
The staff is very supportive and compensation is TBD but I wrote a grant hoping to be able to pay someone b/w $45 - $60 per visit. (One visit would be two yoga/mindful meditation classes) You could arrange the schedule with the teachers per your availability.
This position would run from September 15 - December 18 and you would need to commit fully to whole period.
Please contact me at e.wyoming@gmail.com if you are interested, or give me a call at 503-262-4064.

Namaste,

Ellen Wyoming