Welcome to Young Polyamory! If you're new to the term, you're probably wondering – what is polyamory? Polyamory is defined as having multiple intimate relationships with the full knowledge and consent of everyone involved. Does this sound like you? Then keep reading!
If you are a young adult who has multi-partner relationships – or if you're looking to learn more about poly and how it fits into your life – this is the group for you. We host events, so be sure to check back often!
Young Polyamory aims to provide a safe community for young Chicagoans to explore and nurture diverse polyamorous lifestyles.
Who We Are:
1) Young Adult Humans (18 - mid 40s) who have an individual meetup account (NO COUPLES ACCOUNTS).
2) Residents of the Chicagoland area
3) Polyamorous, poly-minded, or poly-curious
4) Respectful of all people, no matter their relationship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, background, body-type, or race.
Who We ARE NOT:
2) A sex/hookup club
3) People looking to cheat on our partners
4) Haters or shamers
Our events are fun, educational, relaxed, and – most importantly – safe. Our events will not involve sexual activity of any kind. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for information on how we run our events.
At this time, we require you to fill out an application in order to sign up for our meetup group. Our Membership Arbiter, and any member of the community that wants to get involved, review applicants once a week. Please be patient with us: we have a bit of a backlog of applications, so it may take over a week to review.
Here are some tips for filling out the application:
1) If you are part of a couple or group, please have everyone make an individual account. We do not accept couple or group accounts.
2) Please fill out the application as completely as you can. We want to know a little about you, so that we know you’re a real person and not a bot/spammer. If there’s something you wish not to answer, please let us know.
3) Please include a recognizable profile picture. We want to know that you’re a real person.
4) You don’t have to use your full legal name, but if you have a common name, please include some sort of identifier so we won’t get you confused with other people of the same name that might be applying. If you’re John Smith, your name can be John S.
5) Agree to follow the Code of Conduct, which states:
Learn – Our events are for learning about polyamory and developing friendships and connections within the community. It is not a play space–therefore nudity, kink, and sex play are not permitted at this event.
Open Communication – We are all about open and honest communication! Help us to create a space that facilitates trust, where attendees give and receive support to one another. Get to know your fellow attendees by asking respectful questions and listening carefully.
Verbal Consent – Please be sure to ask and wait for a yes before hugging or initiating any physical contact, and encourage each other to speak openly about consent and personal boundaries. This helps foster a culture where personal boundaries are supported and attendees are empowered to speak confidently of their limits. (i.e. “Can I give you a hug?” “No thank you, but I would love a handshake.”)
Expectations – Check them at the door! Being at an event does not signal sexual availability or indicate any aspect of sexual orientation
Respectful Behavior - toward hosts and guests is required. Anyone who violates these rules may be asked to leave the event.
Safer Space – We strive to create a safer space for people of ALL identities, including those who do not identify as polyamorous. No photography, video, or recording of any kind is allowed without prior verbal consent of all parties involved
(Credit for these policies goes to Open Love New York, with edits by Chicago Polyamory Connection)
Click on the Join us! button in the upper right to get started.