The Zurich Entrepreneur Meetup Group Message Board › Embrace your Mistakes, Build your Success: Failcon conference

Embrace your Mistakes, Build your Success: Failcon conference

David B.
David_Butler
Zürich, CH

Dear fellow Zuripreneurs,

I wanted to inform you of an important conference I am organising: www.Failcon.ch

FailCon is a one-day conference for entrepreneurs, investors, developers and designers to study their own and others’ failures and prepare for success.

On April 16, FailCon Zurich brings together some of Switzerland’s leading technology entrepreneurs, investors, developers and designers to study the lessons they have learned from failure. This dialogue will provide inspiration and useful information to ensure that the goals of success can be further pursued by all attendees.

There’s an old adage that says the only things that are sure in life are death and taxes, which seems particularly true in Switzerland . We’d like to add a third though: If you don’t try you can’t win.

The hockey great Wayne Gretzky once said, “You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” This holds as true in life and business as it does in sport. Great leaps in science, technology, business, and society have occurred when people dared to try something new — to take that shot. The most successful experienced feelings of failure and saw attempts at the realization of their goals thwarted. Success cannot exist without failure and those who have never lived through at least one failed attempt cannot experience the highs of true success.

Like Edison striving to create the electric lightbulb – each unsuccessful result eliminates a potential option for the expected result and brings us one step closer to that which we hope to create and sometimes even gives us something quite unexpected and worth infinitely more. The only real failures in life are the chances that are not taken because of fear.

I hope to see many of you there!  www.Failcon.ch

Best regards,
David