addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

20 & 30 Somethings Seattle - Happy hours to hikes - All fun! Message Board › Is anyone interested in hiking the Enchantment Lakes in the summer?

Is anyone interested in hiking the Enchantment Lakes in the summer?

Feng
pood
Bothell, WA
Post #: 8
Would anyone be interested in multi day (up to a week) backpacking trip in the Enchantment Lakes?

I know at least 3 people that would want to go already, the max is 8 people.

Anyone else interested?

I'm thinking of maybe limit

The FS only allows a certain number of people to go each year and there is a lottery starting next Monday (28th) that lasts a month. After that it's first come first serve.

More info:

http://www.wta.org/go...­

http://www.fs.fed.us/...­
A former member
Post #: 2
Yes! I will be online tomorrow at 6:50am for what will be the last shot at passes, other than the ones that you can pick up at the station on the day of...(as far as I am told).

If anyone has an extra spot on their lottery pass please let me know. I have been to the Enchantments before and can't wait to go back!!

Best,
Wesley
A former member
Post #: 1
I want to go
A former member
Post #: 8
I'd be up for this.
Feng
pood
Bothell, WA
Post #: 9
Did anyone get a spot? We already have a full 8 and none of us got a permit for 2nd week of august weekend.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi guys!
So it turns out that the last chance tickets are actually released the morning of April 13th, a Wednesday) through the lottery ticket release at www.recreation.gov
You can also call them at 1-877-444-6777

I am going to ask for a pass for July-September, (July is the best for good weather and low levels of mosquitoes from what I'm told) for 4 or 5 people. I will try to get a Thursday-Sunday pass I think.

If you guys would do the same we could get some extra passes either for us to use, or for other interested meetup hikers, or at least have a better chance of securing a pass for ourselves.

Looking forward to hiking with you guys!!

Wesley
Jennifer
user 13833695
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 1
Im interested too, depending on the weekend. Keep me posted! :)
Feng
pood
Bothell, WA
Post #: 10
If you went in July, then you're going to deal with snow up there, I guess that's the trade off for not becoming mosquito food.

I was actually just planning to do a walk-in, it's about a 50/50 chance, but you'll need to get up REALLY early or stay the night before to get to the ranger station in the morning. If we don't get it, you can always do a trip at the other enchantment areas like stuart and snow lake, those are usually easy to get because everyone wants core permits.