addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

20 & 30 Somethings Seattle - Happy hours to hikes - All fun! Message Board › Recruiting for Underdog Softball Team

Recruiting for Underdog Softball Team

Christian
user 9878726
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
Hi,

Some of my teammates from Underdog softball last year are interested in putting another team together. There are 11 of us, currently, but we would like to have 15 total.

We will be playing Sundays at Lower Woodlands (southeast corner of Greenlake), starting June 17. Game start times range from Noon - 6pm.

Game Dates: 6/17, 6/24, 7/1, 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5

https: http://www.underdogse...­

Total team cost is $975, which breaks down to $65 per person, if we get 15 teammates.

Underdog is a well-oiled machine and a ton of fun!...Except when your teammates show up drunk ~ then it's fun AND exciting!

Send me a message if you're interested.

(Meetup advises against posting my email address here within and I'm inclined to comply.)

Christian

Hilary W.
user 11859876
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I'm totally down to play!! I was on a team in Cali at one point. We weren't that great of a team so be forewarned! But we always had a good time.

Let me know!
Christian
user 9878726
Seattle, WA
Post #: 15
Awesome!

That brings us to 9 players: 5 men and 4 women.

Just need 3-6 more!

A former member
Do you actually have to be good at softball? I haven't played since high school so I might be a little bad.....
Christian
user 9878726
Seattle, WA
Post #: 16
I'm not gonna lie ~ there are some pretty good players out there.

Fortunately, I already set the bar pretty low for my team, so I'm sure you'll be fine : )

I'll send you a message when we get to twelve players, to confirm your interest.
Terris
user 10300739
Seattle, WA
Post #: 10
Sounds interesting. I play on the English department's team at the UW but you can imagine how good a bunch of book-nerds are at softball, so I won't brag about my skills (or lack thereof). So if you need a 12th--or hopefully 15th--then I might be interested... I'd love to have a team not in fear of forfeiting every week from lack of commitment, not like that would ever happen in Seattle of all places!
Christian
user 9878726
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
Hi Terris,

To clarify, are you saying you would love for the team to be fearlessly noncommittal? ; )

Last year, we had zero forfeitures and I anticipate, nay, expect the same this year.
Christine C.
user 13887357
Seattle, WA
I haven't played since high school, but I've been wanting to get back to it for quite a while. In other words, I'm interested! : )
Christian
user 9878726
Seattle, WA
Post #: 21
Awesome! We're at 12 now, so I've registered the team.

Once Underdog confirms our spot, I'll send out payment requests for $65 (I'm sure we can get three more people on board by June 10) and schedule a practice in the next few weeks.

For others who might be interested: don't let what I said about commitment deter you. We can use subs to fill in if anyone is gone for a game or two due to vacations or whatnot. You will not be signing away your whole summer to us!