*** It's a great day for school shopping! See you this evening! ***
UPDATE #1: This event is more of an opportunity for us to meet and network with those heading up graduate school programs (rather than it being a "traditional" Meetup, in the sense that we meet and "do" something together). As such, there really is no plan for the event on my end, other than what QS World Grad School Tour (the host of the event) has on the agenda. They approached me with this offer, and I felt it would be a good thing to pass along to our members who might be interested. Don't forget, for free admission, you must follow the instructions listed in the event posting below!
Have you ever thought about continuing or going back to grad school?
If so, this fair will give us access to numerous internationally recognized Masters and PhD programs. I've made special arrangements with the host of this event, QS World Grad School Tour, to give our members only FREE admission (normally $15 at the door) by following the directions near the bottom of this event posting.
This is the world's best international Masters and PhD fair, and is our chance to meet with some of the world's top grad schools from around the world. At this fair, we'll be able to:
• Apply for $1.7 million worth of exclusive scholarships offered by QS and its partner institutions (only fair attendees can apply)
• Win 1 month's FREE online GRE test prep from Magoosh
• 200+ online videos that teach the core concepts students will encounter on the GRE
• 500+ verbal practice questions and 550+ math practice questions with video and text explanations
• Quizzes and full-length practice tests that simulate the conditions of the actual GRE
• Support from the Magoosh student help team who are there to answer questions ranging from content, to study strategies, to technical difficulties.
• Speak face-to-face with key decision makers from the world’s top universities offering a broad range of Master's and PhD programs
• Perfect our Masters or PhD admissions strategy with advice from the experts.
• Obtain a free copy of the QS Top Grad School Guide - an invaluable guide to help us choose the best university. This is an exclusive offer for the first 100 attendees of the day
Participating grad schools include, but not limited to:
• George Washington University
• American University
• University of Oxford
• London School of Economics
• King's College London
• The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
To receive FREE admission (for our group only) you must do the following:
• Register at this site http://bit.ly/1kWoEj4 and answer the registration questions (it looks more intimidating than it is)
• RSVP here
• Print out this page that shows your RSVP, and bring with you
Hope to see you there!
Metro and Parking
Closest Metro is Metro Center (Blue, Orange, Silver, Red lines). We suggest Metro / cabbing if you can (esp. during rush hour). We also recommend using wmata.com (http://www.wmata.com) for travel planning. Don't forget to account for Metro and traffic delays. If you are driving, you will need to find street parking or a garage.