What we're about
We plan to offer two hour beginner hikes in and around the Toronto Area
I run TrailHike - Richmond Hill Group (intermediate) and wanted to offer some hiking choices to Beginner hikers,
I do this to be around other folks to share a common interest in Hiking, This is to inform you that me the ORGANIZER along with any future EVENT HOSTS + SWEEPS and any folks that assist in our hikes volunteer their time and receive ZERO COMPENSATION for their efforts
• provide a profile picture
• complete the 2HR - BEGINNER HIKE WAIVER (ONLINE) (https://f.formoid.net/DYi) This is a requirement before RSVP to any 2HR Beginner Hike Events
• the two items above are required before ACCEPTANCE to the group
• once the Online Waiver has been completed there will be two ** beside your profile name, you can now RSVP to any/all 2Hr Beginner Events
• the hike starts 5 minutes after the posted time, no exceptions,
• I do not answer txts or calls at this time, leave early if you are concerned about directions
• be prepared to complete the distance (2hrs - 8k average)
• if you CANNOT MAKE A HIKE simply change your RSVP to NO, DO NOT POST IN THE COMMENTS, unfortunately when you post in the event comment section it is broadcast to all other participants, I try to eliminate useless posts, change your RSVP if you cannot make the event
• the Event Comment Section should be used by hikers looking for a ride, please post your CrossRoads and/or a subway stop that you can get to, all ongoing correspondence between hiker and driver should go thru the Meetup Messaging System from that point forward
• there are no restroom facilities at most of our events, use the bathroom prior to attending
• yes, we will stop for water break(s) along the trail
• please post your CrossRoads and/or a subway stop that you can get to, all ongoing correspondence between hiker and driver should go thru the Meetup Messaging System from that point forward
• we will institute a CARPOOL POLICY to protect the drivers, if you are looking for a ride it is nice to offer $$ to the driver, typically if the trailhead is 1/2 hour away then $5 (includes the return trip)
THINGS TO BRING:
• water 2l to all hikes
• sturdy hike shoes/boots
• dress for the weather
• camera/sunblock/etc for an outdoor adventure
• Gators(optional) - these are leggings that protect your pant bottoms in muddy conditions
• Rain coat/poncho, we do hike in the rain so be prepared
I am looking for Hike Leaders in and around Southern Ontario, send me the following information for consideration
• how many years you have been hiking?
• destination hiking you have done?
• if you have a HikeOntario - Hike Leader Certification?
• have you lead hikes with larger groups before?
• what geographic are can you provide events/adventures in?
• send this to Ian Clark firstname.lastname@example.org