Two & four hours+ Mostly Advanced hikes in and around the Toronto Area and further throughout Ontario and into the US.
I am offering to Beginners who want to grow (Advanced hiking options) and a chance to change your fitness level and see amazing sites that will change your life.
I do this to be around other folks to share a common interest in Hiking, This is to inform you that me the ORGANIZER along with any future EVENT HOSTS + SWEEPS and any folks that assist in our hikes volunteer their time and receive ZERO COMPENSATION for their efforts
There is also no charge to join, no membership dues and strict rules against csncelling last minute and chronic no shows as you will be asked to leave the group and hike elsewhere.
• provide a proper profile picture just like your drivers license no pictures of animals etc.
• complete the 2HR - BEGINNER HIKE WAIVER (ONLINE) (https://f.formoid.net/DYi) This is a requirement before RSVP to any 2HR Beginner Hike Events
• the two items above are required before ACCEPTANCE to the group
• once the Online Waiver has been completed there will be two ** beside your profile name, you can now RSVP to any/all 2Hr Beginner Events
• the hike starts 5 minutes after the posted time, no exceptions,
• I do not answer txts or calls at this time, leave early if you are concerned about directions
• be prepared to complete the distance (2hrs - 8k average)
• if you CANNOT MAKE A HIKE simply change your RSVP to NO, DO NOT POST IN THE COMMENTS, unfortunately when you post in the event comment section it is broadcast to all other participants, I try to eliminate useless posts, change your RSVP if you cannot make the event
• the Event Comment Section should be used by hikers looking for a ride, please post your CrossRoads and/or a subway stop that you can get to, all ongoing correspondence between hiker and driver should go thru the Meetup Messaging System from that point forward
• there are no restroom facilities at most of our events, use the bathroom prior to attending
• yes, we will stop for water break(s) along the trail
• please post your CrossRoads and/or a subway stop that you can get to, all ongoing correspondence between hiker and driver should go thru the Meetup Messaging System from that point forward
• we will institute a CARPOOL POLICY to protect the drivers, if you are looking for a ride it is nice to offer $$ to the driver, typically if the trailhead is 1/2 hour away then $5 (includes the return trip)
THINGS TO BRING:
• water 2l to all hikes
• sturdy hike shoes/boots (don’t come in running shoes, you will he sent home!)
• dress for the weather
• camera/sunblock/etc for an outdoor adventure
• Gators(optional) - these are leggings that protect your pant bottoms in muddy conditions
• Rain coat/poncho, we do hike in the rain so be prepared
I am looking for Wonderful hiking trip or hike suggestions: