We'll do a 5.8 mile hike along the red loop starting with up and down Kennesaw Mountain, Little Kennesaw Mountain, and Pigeon Hill, then on back along the fairly flat Camp Brumby Trail to the visitor center. The mountains have lots of boulders to climb up and is rigorous, we'll be keeping a good pace so hiking fitness is required. This is not a beginners hike! Be forewarned. Please be considerate to your other group members and consider other events if you aren't in shape for this kind of hike. Bring plenty of water. Forecast temperature is mid 80s so it'll be a little on the hot side - don't die from heat exhaustion.
Meet at the visitor center at 10:45, we will start up the mountain at 11 am sharp. Make sure to plan time to walk over from the overflow lot as the lot right there at the visitor center is closed during the government shutdown.
Trail Map: https://www.nps.gov/kemo/planyourvisit/upload/KMNBP-Trail-Map-North-V105-11-16-2014.tif
Lunch After: Good Kitchen & Market, 116 Margaret Ave NE, Marietta, GA 30060
Participate at your own risk. The 30's & 40's Hikers & Adventurers Meetup assumes no liability associated with meetup events and meetup members, including: injuries, parking fees, event fees, food, drinks, medical bills, loss of property, theft, parking mishaps, towing fees and/or any other negative thing that might happen. In a nutshell: We organize events to help you meet people and make new friends. That's all we are responsible for. By RSVPing and attending this event, you waive all rights to make any legal claim against Meetup and this group's organizers. You are responsible for yourself and your own safety! Thank you
Rescheduling, Cancellations and Extreme Weather Policy: I'm not a afraid of a little weather, but most people tend to bail on events if there is a chance of rain in Atlanta. Safety issues can also be a problem with some hiking locations if it rains. Your organizers reserve the right to cancel, reschedule and/or change meetup locations at any time if attendance is low or extreme weather looks likely. We'll make every attempt to update events and schedule an alternate meeting place if possible. Thanks for your understanding.