Welcome to the 30s & 40s Going Out Group!
We are a community of people mostly in their 30s and 40s in the DC metro area. We hold social networking events such as cocktail parties, dinners, bowling, outdoor events, wine trips, and much more! This is not a singles or dating group, just people looking to get together and have a good time. We are the largest 30s & 40s Meetup group in the DC metro area, adding about 200 new members each month! Membership is FREE, and you only have to be friendly and fun to join!
Our events are scattered throughout DC, MD and NoVA and we try to accommodate everyone. If you have an idea for hosting an event in your neck of the woods, just say the word! Singles and couples are welcome and bringing friends along is ALWAYS encouraged!
So come join us! We'd love to have you as a part of our group. Please provide a photo of yourself when you join so that we know who you are when you come out to join us for an event!!! Thanks!
I hope to meet you soon!
Also Find Us On
For our happy hours, we typically bring in a charity and raise money for a particular cause. So know you are helping to support a good cause while having fun! See a list of charities we've raised money for in the past and their results!
Is this a singles group?
Do you host events outside of the District, such as Maryland or Virginia?
- No! We welcome singles and couples! While we do host singles-only events from time to time, we are not a singles only group. In general, we have noticed certain events (e.g. happy hours) do bring out more singles. While others (e.g. BBQs, picnics, bus winery tours) seem to bring out both couples and singles equally. At the end of the day though, everyone is welcome to all events!
Do people usually come with others to events or do people show up solo as well?
- We host events throughout the DMV (District-Maryland-Virginia) area. A good portion of our events are held in DC-proper, near a Metro where possible, since it *is* the central location and is most fair to everyone. But we do mix it up with events in VA as well as MD.
See all FAQs here!Group Disclaimer
- This group is very open and friendly so arriving to an event by yourself is perfectly fine since there will be others who also come alone. People do bring friends but there is also a good mix of first timers and those looking to meet new friends.
By joining this group, volunteering for this group, and / or attending our events you agree to hold Meetup, the Organizers, Assistant Organizers, Event Vendors, and other members are harmless in the case of accident, incident, personal injury, loss of life, destruction or loss of personal property or any other wrongful act.
Also by joining this group you acknowledge that you have done so of your own free will and understand that membership is voluntary and expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group Organizers or Assistant Organizers. We hold a variety of activities, some of which can be dangerous and you understand that you are responsible for your own safety. You also agree to read the event postings and to adhere to any guidelines posted or given by our Organizers and Event Vendors.PoliciesNon-Payment Policy
No Solicitation Policy
- We reserve the right to remove any member at any time for not making full payment for an event they attend. If the member wishes to re-join the group, payment must first be remitted and cleared.
Real Person Policy
- Once in a while, we get members who join with the sole intention of promoting their own agenda. Solicitation / spam is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, message board posts, event comments, or direct messages to other members. We reserve the right to remove any member for solicitation.
See all policies hereOrganizers
- All profiles must be of an actual person. No profile may represent a business or organization. We reserve the right to remove any such profiles at any time.
This section is for Organizers, Assistant Organizers, and Event Organizers. Organizers can access additional pages to help them plan for events. Click to access home page for organizers