" Putting a Price on Carbon" is a forum organized by 350NYC, a member group of the NYC Grassroots Alliance and hosted by the GA.
Doors open at 6pm Program starts promptly at 6:30pm.
RSVP now on Eventbrite! http://tinyurl.com/carbon-tax-Dec5
The climate crisis is an emergency that demands urgent action on all fronts. Join us for this educational forum to examine a wide range of issues related to putting a price on carbon. This is an important opportunity to hear from some leaders in the field, raise issues of concern to grassroots groups, and hear about legislative efforts at the Federal govt level and in NY State.
• What are the scientific, economic and ethical arguments in favor of a carbon tax?
• What are the practical and political barriers to implementation?
• How should climate activists in NYC organize around these challenges?
- Dr. James Hansen, Director, Climate Science Awareness and Solutions Program at Columbia University Earth Institute
- Charles Komanoff, Director, Carbon Tax Center
- Cecil Corbin-Mark, Deputy Director and Director of Policy, WE ACT for Environmental Justice
- Robert Werner, Citizens' Climate Lobby
- Mark Dunlea, 350NYC / Green Education and Legal Fund
MODERATOR: Jannette M. Barth, Ph.D. - Activist , Economist and Managing Director, Pepacton Institute LLC.
RSVP on Eventbrite: http://tinyurl.com/carbon-tax-Dec5
Updates and comments on FACEBOOK: