I think we're set for out first meetup event.
Eric Wolf from Airwolf 3d will be giving a great opening introduction to 3D Printing. He'll cover the basics, and if this is your first real exposure to 3d printing will help you learn about the different types of 3d printing technologies, the digital workflow, commonly used materials and his line of 3d printers.
Airwolf 3D is also inviting our members to their Open house later in the week (this friday Sepember 27th) read more about the event here:
• 6:15 - 7:00 Doors open for meetup group members to start convening, setup printers & getting ready
• 7:00 - 7:10 Quick Introduction
• 7:10 - 8:00 Introduction to 3d Printing with Eric Wolf (of Airwolf 3d Printers)
• 8:00 - 8:20 3D Printing & Molding with Steven Kaye
• 8:20 - 8:40 Part design for Noobs; Intro to 3Dagogo.com with Drew Taylor
• 8:40 + Open Floor, Conversation and Demonstrations
We'll leave the facility open until the discussion peters out.
It looks like we'll have a handful of people bringing in their printers. I'm sure that you'll be able to meet some really interesting people, have great conversations and see some of these machines in action.
We'll have a reasonable selection of machines to see. Right now it looks like we'll have the following machines onsite:
• PrintrBot LC
• Replicator 2
• Eagle Labs Kossel Clear Delta Printer
If your interested in bringing your printer for the event, please don't hesitate. We have plenty of space and power. If you haven't already discussed with me, just give me a call @[masked] to make arrangements.
See you there!