What we're about
Before clicking Join Us, please read the following requirements for joining this group.
The purpose of 40 Something "Foodie" meetup is for 40+members that want to socialize for dinners
You can request to host an event by clicking our "Suggest an Event" tab (http://www.meetup.com/SeattleFoodies/#suggested) and following the steps below:
1. Make a restaurant reservation here:
2. Title your event
3. Enter the date and location
4. Add your description, # of seats and a picture
Please join if you feel that this matches your intent and you are 40+. If you are not quite 40 something then no worries you can still participate as long as you don’t mind hanging around us wiser folks. Please only join this meetup if you are really going to participate as we only want serious members that match the above intent. Because most events have limited capacity, those members that participate more will be invited to special events and be upgraded to assistant organizer. This ensures that members who participate more gain greater benefits to create a community of friends
TO JOIN, in addition to being over 40, we request that you do the following:
1. Upload a face photo of yourself so that members and organizers can easily identify you in the RSVP list
2. Answer the profile questions so we can get to know you. Note that your "introduction" will appear in multiple places, so write something descriptive about yourself.
3. Agree to the following legal disclaimer, and to abide by the RSVP and Guest Policy.
4. Organize an event at least once a year. All members of this meetup will be promoted to Event Organizer so that they can fulfill the above vision. Those couples that participate more will be invited to special events and be upgraded to assistant organizer.
Legal Disclaimer and Liability Information
1. Attending or participating in any 40 Something Foodie meetups is voluntary by you as a member and at your own risk. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety.
2.By joining 40 Something Foodie meetup as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless 40 Something Foodie meetup, TSCM LLC, its organizer, co-organizer, assistant organizers, event organizers and hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property, or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member.
All members who attend this 40 Something Foodie meetup affirm adherence to the legal disclaimer and policies which can be found here (http://www.meetup.com/socialnetwork-1351/)
RSVP and Guest Policy
1. For each activity that you decide to go on, please RSVP responsibly. As a courtesy to others, and because most of our activities will have a limited number, we ask that your YES be yes when you RSVP, and that if you need to cancel, you do so in plenty of time to allow someone else to go (i.e. not the day of an event if possible). If you do not show up on the day of an event, you will be tagged as a No Show. After you reach a certain number of no-shows, you will be asked to leave the group. Thanks for understanding
Looking forward to meeting you!
Cathie and PF, Co-Organizers