PLEASE NOTE: We have decided to cap our total membership at 400 due to the space limitations at our favorite small venues. But, things will open up as inactive trial members drop out and we continue to add new venues, so if you live in the greater Portland area, feel free to apply now, and you'll lock in a space on the wait list.
We are a group of old friends who got to know each other from a popular previous group with a similar name that was suddenly closed, and now, many new friends as well! As an alternative to online dating, we offer a pleasant low-key way to meet with each other regularly at some of the Portland area's nicest small restaurant and pub venues, as well as the occasional "special event" such as a big party at an organizer's house.
Our average age is probably around 55 but we have members in their early 40's and their early 70's. We are active, healthy, and want to have a good time and enjoy each other's company!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MEMBER WOULD INCLUDE:
* Being respectful of other attendees and their feelings
* Leaving any personal drama at home
* Paying modest annual dues of $8 (we receive $6.90, meetup takes the rest) to help us cover our costs. You can test-drive for 60 days.
Managing your RSVPs: the small venues we favor have limited space - most of our events will be limited to 25 or 35 attendees, and they fill up quickly! So please be sure to remove yourself from the RSVP list if you find that you can't attend. And please do it before the last minute if at all possible, so others have a chance to come instead. Repeated violations of this will result in your being removed from the group.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE APPLYING TO JOIN OUR GROUP:
* All prospective membersmust (a) post arecognizable photo of you (not your dog, not your car or motorcycle, not a stock photo or someone else's image from the internet, not a group photo, not a painting etc.), (b) use your actual first name, and (c) reside (or plan to reside) in the greater Portland-Vancouver metro area.
* You may not use this site to solicit or recruit other members you haven't met in person, including but not limited to "romantic come-ons" or "business opportunities."
* You may not harvest member photos or other personal information for non-group use.
* If you've been removed from another social singles group for cause, or have been the subject of multiple complaints from other members you're unlikely to fit in here.
Thanks in advance for your co-operation - we look forward to seeing you at one of our get-togethers soon!