addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Alexandria-Arlington Regional Gaming Group Message Board › Games you'd like to see made into movies

Games you'd like to see made into movies

A former member
Post #: 12
I still have no idea what you all are talking about. Well sort of an idea. But without an explanation pretty soon unicorns are going to factor into it. And we don't need that.
Rishi
rishifish
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 79
I'm assuming you guys mean Khet as laser chess?

http://www.boardgameg...­

I don't think board games lend themselves to being made as movies (though there have been a handful of good games that were based on movies - Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit is supposed to be fantastic, though I've never gotten a chance to play it).

Clue is the exception. Clue is an amazing movie. If you haven't seen it, stop what you're doing right now and go out and rent it.
Janna
user 5480266
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 5
I agree that Clue is a great movie. But I think part of what makes it so good is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.
A former member
Post #: 14
it doesn't hurt that it's Tim Curry. He can rescue pretty much any movie.

A former member
Post #: 39
Wow, we were joking about this years ago, and now there's going to be a book (that seems to be getting middling reviews)...

http://www.amazon.com...­

SETTLERS OF CATAN: THE MOVIE

Starcrossed lovers are torn apart as their families choose to colonize opposite shores of the island Catan. Decades later, they are the leaders of their respective villages, and they must build a road across the land to unite their peoples and restore their love. Along the way, they must deal with militaristic empires (the largest army of the land!) and the mysterious masked robber who plunders their resources.

Possible movie poster slogans:
SETTLE FOR ADVENTURE
CITIES RISE, LOVE UNITES ALL
GET WOOD FOR SHEEP