YOU MUST GOTO THIS LINK TO SIGNUP! https://www.meetup.com/Canyoneering-Karma/events/259423011/
This will be an open practice session without a specific agenda to work on any skills that the participants would like to practice. We can get a group consensus on the skills that we would like to practice. Topics can include any item from the ACA Core and Aspirant Skills checklists such as passing a knot, rigging and anchors, rappelling, self-rescue, knots or other topics that the group chooses. The Checklists can be found here: https://www.canyoneering.net/resources/
So bring your rope/gear and lets work on our skills. This is not a practice session for people who have not rappelled before.
This is a free event, open to all ACA-Canyoneering SoCal Facebook group Members.
Things to Note:
• We will be practicing at height! Skills will be practiced with weighted ropes.
• We will be outside; dress appropriately for anticipated weather - closed toe shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, windbreaker/jacket, and whatever else you may need to stay comfortable for the day.
• Bring snacks, water (It will be hot), etc. Bring a portable chair/cushion to sit on. Come prepared to take notes (pen, notebook, camera).
• This event will be cancelled if there is inclement weather.
• You are solely responsible for your own safety and well-being.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that: Canyoneering and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death; The organizers of this meetup and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant - including you - at any event; You release and forever discharge the organizers jointly and severally from any actions, causes of actions, claims, damage, loss including death or injury which may be sustained from participating in this Meetup event.
• All attendees are participating at this event at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury or loss in whatever form to themselves or their guests.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer and release, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim including a lawsuit or other action arising out of or related to this Meetup event against the organizers of this Meetup group