Bitcoin Cache Machine is open-source software that helps you create a software-defined data center in your home or office. https://bitcoincachemachine.org
This presentation will cover the following topics:
1. Bitcoin Cache Machine (BCM) problem domain
2. BCM Concept of Operations
3. Background Information:
- Overview of Software-defined Networking
- Linux Containers, LXD, and LXC
- Docker and Docker Swarm
- Modern software deployment
4. BCM Technical Architecture
5. Demo of BCM reference implementation https://github.com/BitcoinCacheMachine/BitcoinCacheMachine
The demo will deploy a fully integrated BCM instance from scratch! All steps in the deployment and provisioning process will be covered. A random participant will win a Trezor-T hardware wallet which is required in order to operate BCM!
Derek Smith has a Master's Degree in Computer Science focusing on Information Assurance from New Mexico Tech. He has a background in Information Security, IT Risk Management, and networking. He now focuses on BCM full-time.