addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Print and Publishing Panel tomorrow- SXSW review

Print and Publishing Panel tomorrow- SXSW review

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
SXSW is starting later this week, and for the first time in four years, this organizer is not involved as a volunteer. Feeling a bit left out, I thought we could have our own sort of "kick-off" for the massive event by taking a look at the design of all kinds of items I've collected from the 2008-09-10 interactive conferences, including business cards, promotional items, flyers, posters, publications, packaging, CDs and software, and all the free stuff that came in those gigantic bags.

It'll be a fun little exercise in discussion and critiquing of the design, layout and artistry these people pour into something that usually winds up blowing down Sixth Street. I'll also have my laptop there so we can look at websites related to the items I bring (if they still exist, since a lot of them are startups that become shutdowns after SXSW), and to the conference in general.

We'll also take the opportunity to talk about all the stuff going on with the Interactive Conference and how much of it we might be able to get into without needing a badge or ticket.