addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › No Wednesday meeting tonight; Job club meeting tomorrow afternoon

No Wednesday meeting tonight; Job club meeting tomorrow afternoon

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Hey everyone, just wanted to let everyone know that due to severe scheduling conflicts, we will not be having our Wednesday night meeting tonight. However, in place of that, the Artists' Alliance (our sister group that holds job club meetings on alternating Thursday afternoons) will be meeting tomorrow at 1:30pm at Recycled Reads. They normally meet 1st and 3rd Thursdays, but since March has a 5th Thursday, they're meeting tomorrow too.

We'll resume our normal schedule next week.

What: Artists' Alliance for Launchpad Job Club
When: Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:30 PM

Where: Recycled Reads Bookstore
5335 Burnet Rd.
Austin, TX 78756
512-323-5123

The Artists' Alliance part of Launchpad Job Club) is our "sister" job clublet that offers job seekers a chance to meet during the weeks that ATXDM does not, so they can network, discuss local arts events and news, and of course share info on the job market for artists here in Austin.

If you're wondering what kind of artists, the group has a broader scope than ATXDM- there are musicians, writers, sculptors, painters, and all kinds who come to these meetings. The group in general is not as technology-oriented as ATXDM is.

One of our colleagues, Chris Ritecz, graciously heads up the Artists' Alliance meetings, keeping them moving along. If you're looking for work or just want to get together with other artists who are, just come on out to Recycled Reads and join us.

Check out the event page
Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 61
Unfortunately, a repeat this week of what I posted above about last week.

I have to apologize once again, but due to some ongoing issues I'm dealing with right now, we will not be having our Wednesday night web panel meeting tonight. I will reschedule that meeting, which will focus on Dreamweaver, for the third or fourth Wednesday.

Next Wednesday we will have our regular Print & Publishing Panel at Howson Library.

Also, for any of our members who are in the job market or otherwise looking for work, the Artists' Alliance (our sister group that holds job club meetings on alternating Thursday afternoons) will be meeting again tomorrow at 1:30pm at Recycled Reads.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.