addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Notes from the September Meetup

Notes from the September Meetup

A former member
Post #: 8
First off I want to say that it was really great to meet all of you. It was interesting hearing from everybody and brainstorming about the group, design, web design, and various other things.

I want to point everybody to the AIGA Austin website. There is a Hammertime meetup in two weeks that usually draws about 20-30 people as well as various other events. I would encourage anybody who is interested to check out at least one AIGA event.

For those interested in joining, which isn't necessary, you can find out about some of the benefits on the AIGA national website. I mispoke at the meetup: Adobe offers 15% off any products in their store, which is much better than 10% off just Adobe products.

Everybody seemed interested in sharing so we're probably going to move towards having a short presentation at the beginning of each meetup. For October we're looking for interesting links to sites about design, sites with interesting designs, or anything else you find interesting or would like to discuss. For this reason, I think we'll try to find a place to meet that has a projector. I'll request suggestions for the location in a separate post.