addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › can't make it - looking for a few designers

can't make it - looking for a few designers

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey guys - I'm ticked that I can make it tonight but was going to put out the word that we are looking for a few local graphic designers to help out on our project. Its not a ton of $ but the project is a lot of fun.

We mainly do web design work and are just looking for a few fresh ideas - if anyone wants more info I'm glad to share.

thx,
Miles
A former member
Post #: 7
Hey Miles....... so tell me a bit more about your project? is there anything online i can look at now?
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey Aaron,

Yeah, our site is www.innerTee.com

We've got a bunch of different projects going on and are also a finalist for the SXSW Interactive Awards coming up next month.

We haven't done much locally yet as a lot of our communtiy members are International but we're looking to work with a few local designers for some face-to-face stuff we have going on.
A former member
Post #: 9
by the way.....Nice user picture you have.

Let me know how i can contribute? I would like to be a part of what your doing. The site you have reminds me of SpreadShirt.com. I have created T-Shirts and other products in the past from them and CafePress.

What are you trying to get started locally?
A former member
Post #: 10
Hey Miles..... I just signed up at innertree.net username is aaronkine.
A former member
Post #: 3
Very cool, when you have time, mix a few shirts, its pretty fun!

Our site is a bit more experimental as we allow you to create a tee using art from as many artists as you want and you can remix any tee that has already been created. We also us a modified screen-printing process to print so our focus is also on the quality & feel of the tee.

We're looking for a few things locally - we've got some live shirt-mixing events coming up and also want to add some stock innerTee art to the site - as examples of some of the things you can do.
A former member
Post #: 17
We've got a bunch of different projects going on and are also a finalist for the SXSW Interactive Awards coming up next month.
This peaked my interest. Tell me more. What are you looking for the local designers to contribute to the project?
A former member
Post #: 4
The main thing we are looking for is to work closely with a few local designers to create a library of designs that help showcase what the site can do. We've got some rough ideas and want to find someone who can add some creative ideas of their own and help us build up those showcase designs.

We are also planning a few local events with live shirt mixing and would be great to work locally to showcase those designers both w/art through our project and any medium they are already working in.

We've tried to build our project around the artists so the header cardboard rotates every month with a different artist and we also have a limited edition sticker series that goes out with every order featuring a mix of artists on the site.

I think there is some amazing talent in Austin and we just want to be more involved locally.
A former member
Post #: 20
I'd love to get more involved in this too, but I doubt I'm going to have any time before SXSWi. If you want to try and round up some great designers at the last second, you should come to both the next Meetup and the next Hammertime. Hammertime is an AIGA social that'll happen in two weeks (also on Tuesday).

In fact, I always recommend that everybody come to Hammertime. It's a great event. This'll be the first (hopefully) warm month in a while so I expect there will be 20-30 designers there.
A former member
Post #: 5
That sounds cool - do you have to be a member to attend?

We don't really have a hard deadline of SXSW - just a few small things we'd like to knock out.