addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › TODAY at 1pm, Cafe Express: 2nd Day Series Meetup for March

TODAY at 1pm, Cafe Express: 2nd Day Series Meetup for March

Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
I've got the feeling that a lot of you may have missed the message I sent yesterday evening regarding our agenda for today's lunch meeting at Cafe Express... and at any rate, one of the links I included was broken.

So I thought I'd mention again, we meet today at 1pm for our 2nd lunch meeting of March (not at Genuine Joe though- Cafe Express is not far from there, on North Lamar south of 38th).

The talk topics for today include icon design and internet memes, but what I thought would be most intteresting are these "kinetic typography" videos I found. Here's a bunch of links (including corrected ones) to check out:

Kinetic Typography videos of Jonathan Coulton songs: jonathan coulton songs kinetic typography videos

Hope to see some of you guys there today!

For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/ADVAnet/events/110067652/­

When: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:00 PM

Where: Cafe Express
3418 N Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78705
512-452-9888
Fletch Brendan G.
Fletcherism
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 67
Everyone, sorry for the confusion on the scheduling for today's meetup. I know when I scheduled it I set it for today, the 20th, but I think Meetup has some hinky setting where, if I go back to finish a previously-saved draft meetup, it can auto-revert to a date preset to two weeks out. Which is what I did last night, so it became set for April 2nd when it should've stayed set for today.

So I've fixed it in the post above. But now I'll have to reschedule the topics for this one, although if anyone still wants to come for lunch, I'll still be at Cafe Express at 1pm.