addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Austin Design and Visual Arts Network Message Board › Thursday August 5th: August Meetup #1

Thursday August 5th: August Meetup #1

Fletch Brendan G.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Announcing August Meetup #1

Thursday, August 5, 2010 6:30 PM
Mangia Pizza
8012 Mesa Drive
Austin, TX 78731

Well we're having our fourth meetup in as many weeks, and I'm kinda dry on ideas right now... but the good news is I managed to get the meeting room at Mangia Pizza on Mesa Drive. We had a good time the last time we were there and a number of you have been hoping we could get back there again, but with the whole room to ourselves, and this time I've been told we have it. So I'm sure I'll be able to figure out something cool for us to do or talk about with the room (or if anyone's got any ideas, or anything they want to share, please let me know!), and then I'll send another notice out to say what the program will be. In the meantime, everyone's clear to start RSVPing if you already know you want to or can come.

Keep in mind this is on Thursday the 5th, not our usual night of Wednesday, just so no one gets confused. See everyone then!

RSVP to this Meetup:­
Fletch Brendan G.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 39
UPDATE: Sorry folks, I just got a message from Mangia Pizza that we do NOT in fact have the room to ourselves. In fact, it seems we don't have the room at all. What kind of place keeps two lists of reservations? Apparently when I called and asked about its availability last week, the guy checked one list but not the other. To annoy me further, the manager was rather nonchalant about the inconvenience.

So I'm asking everyone what you want to do. I'm emailing the people who have RSVPed to specifically find out, since this directly affects them, but the options are:

A) Go to our old standby Galaxy Cafe at the Lamar Triangle

B) Go to Mangia anyway and just eat and talk in the main dining area,

C) Go to another pizza place nearby (only benefit is to not give our money to a place that doesn't deserve it)
- 1. Conan's on West Anderson (I like this place, but it's more like Galaxy- probably noisy)
- 2. Brick Oven Pizza up on Jollyville Rd. at Burnet (quieter, but pricier, and we might be more disruptive ourselves)
- 3. Brooklyn Pie Co. on Mesa (very close to Mangia, more of a take-out place. They have plenty of room for us, so it'd probably be quieter than a place that has more dine-in business. No beer, it's BYOB.)

One thing that might influence your choice is that I did make sure I got the room at Mangia for Thursday September 2nd, so you might decide you'd rather go somewhere else this month. But then again, if a more of you want to stay at Mangia's this month because you're looking forward to it or it works well for you, we can do that September meetup somewhere else.

If you haven't RSVPed yet, but want to come if we go with one choice in particular of the three, just go ahead and RSVP and tell me what your preferred choice is. I'll make the decision tonight based on which choice has the highest response, and send out a message first thing in the morning, so check your email before you go to work/leave the house/whatever it is you do.
T.Rey C.
user 12329229
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
YES, I will attend this meeting no matter where it will take place, BUT, I vote for Conan's on Anderson. Like I said, show up anywheres there's beer.
Fletch Brendan G.
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
Post #: 40
OK, so we're going to Galaxy Cafe. I had one vote for two of the other options, but five votes for going to Galaxy Cafe, so that's a pretty clear winner. For those of you who found Galaxy Cafe kinda noisy last time we were there, I'm hoping this time will be better, usually Galaxy Cafe isn't as bad as it was that time.

So, see you guys there at 6:30! Thanks for all your responses!­

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP.