Gower, Welsh South Coast
Dramatic limestone cliffs, interspersed with golden sandy beaches and rocky shores dominating its coast. Gower, a goldmine of inspiring landscapes, is a world of its own. Stay on one of the finest coves and bays with unparalleled sea views. Hike through Imposing cliffs, wild surf, beautiful beaches, bays, coves, hidden caves & golden sands. Sample the local delicacies, scented fresh sea breeze and coastal landscapes with photo opportunities in abundance. We love this area and that’s why we keep on coming back.
The Best bits:
* Unwind in the UK’s first Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in this feast for your senses.
* Relax on award-winning beaches including the dazzling sandy crescent of Rhossili Bay beach - voted the 9th Best Beach in the World -TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
* Hike through this wonderful unbeatable vista’s, beaches and twisting cliff trails
* Explore the unspoilt rich and varied environment of this peninsula
* Experience the remote Three Cliffs Bay and see the signature limestone cliffs
* Explore nearby forests and castle ruins
* Take in Gower’s most famous landmarks including the Worms Head
* Sample some of the local delicacies, such as Penclawdd Cockles and the famous Laverbread (its seaweed!).
* Take time to relax on the Beach or do whatever you like we have plenty of suggestions :)
We take care of the logistics so you can enjoy your holiday.
Gower (Gŵyr in the local dialect) has been Inhabited since at least the Upper Paleolithic period, and the Gower Peninsula has been the scene of several important archaeological discoveries including the first human fossil to have been found anywhere in the world dated to 33,000 years ago, standing stones from the Bronze Age, and Roman forts. The Gower and its history have appeared on film and TV numerous times.
We're on one of the finest coves and bays with unparalleled sea views, facing an award winning beach with safe swimming and rock pools. We're backed by a wooded headland for shady strolls and beautiful early summer flowers.
Close by is an idyllic village that may take you back to childhood seaside days.
We have different yet memorising hikes lined up. From our well positioned base we will follow challenging hikes exploring the distant paths and remote areas. Carving our way along the very best highlights of the Gower.
There will be a very capable trained hike leader on this trip with extensive leading experience and trained in outdoor first aid.
After the Saturday hike there are numerous options. Feel free to cosy up around the wood burner and settle in for the evening, go for a swim in the sea, play beach games, go for a self-guided evening hikes, a drink and some conversation, read a book, watch the sun set over the waves and maybe practice your photography skills.
What to bring
For more information on what to bring click here >>>What to bring<<<
£20 to RSVP Via Paypal
£89 Payable on the day of booking to the account below.
Account Name: Adventureologists
The price includes:
• 2 nights hostel accommodation in shared room/bunkbeds
• 2 guided hikes by a experienced hike leader. All hike leaders have outdoor first aid qualifications and are Mountain Leader trained
• 2 breakfasts and 2 Pack lunches
• Social evenings
• Compliance with the 1992 Package Travel Regulations including financial protection.
The price doesn't include:
• Transport between London and the destination and during the trip
• Drinks and personal expenses
• For Saturdays dinner we shall eat out to sample the local cuisine
If your plans change and you want to sell your place please read here:
The weekend starts and ends at the accommodation venue so you will need to arrange your own transport to and from the accommodation
Members organise lift shares within the Adventureologists using the Discussion pages. Passengers are requested to make a voluntary contribution set by the driver. If you want to lift offer/share post a message on the Meetup “Discussion” page that is specific to this event on the below link.
If you decide to come via public transport you will also need to organise transport to two hike start points.
We take no responsibility for the lift shares and do not get involved with these private arrangements between members.
We always been have been free of incidents. We have been able to do this through good planning and ensuring we provide experienced and trained hike leaders to ensure events are run safely. Our hike leaders carry a first aid kit and have undertaken as a minimum the relevant outdoor first aid training.
In the unforeseen situation where bad weather dominates we may have to offer an alternative hike or activity for safety reasons.
All Outdoor activities do involve a risk of injury and you need to make sure you come equipped for the activities you have committed to take part in.
By signing up to this event you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions in the below link:
We recommend you take out insurance for outdoor activities from the BMC at the below link.
Stay in Touch
© Copyright Adventureologists 2015
Errors and Omissions Excepted.
****PLEASE DO NOT POST BELOW****
PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THE "CONVERSATION THREAD" BELOW AS IT'S SENDS A "SPAM" MESSAGE TO FELLOW MEMBERS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL: [masked]
**** THANK YOU****
[masked] --Email only-Please use the email address to message rather than meetup. Thank You!
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.