addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Gamers Guild Message Board Dungeon & Dragons/D20 › Alpharetta/Cumming Group Seeking Players for Modified 3.5 Game

Alpharetta/Cumming Group Seeking Players for Modified 3.5 Game

Darius D
DariusD
Cumming, GA
Post #: 11
Greetings,

I am one GM (of two) for a group of passionate players, now centered in the Alpharetta/Cumming area. We run a modified 3.5 game (similar to Pathfinder, but different, too), that is plot and story focused, and takes place in custom worlds.

We play most Saturdays, though often aim for 2 Saturdays a month (minimum) and do long sessions. We’re looking for players of any mature age or gender to join, especially if you are flexible about your role/class and are comfortable adapting to unfamiliar worlds.

Note that we’re not looking for power-gamers; we all enjoy survivability, but trying to be “the best of the best” for the sake of it isn’t welcome. We do not require strict roleplay, but we do reward it. Again, we focus on story and plot – on weaving the fantasy – above inflexible rules.

If this sort of group interests you, please contact me.
Joe S.
user 13725789
Dawsonville, GA
Post #: 1
Hello I am looking for a group to play with and re learn the game. I have not played since 2nd edition and want to get back into pen and paper. Let me know if you still need someone.
Miles
user 10748942
Marietta, GA
Post #: 2
Have been hunting for a 3.5 game for some time, and really miss playing (or DM'ing). Define "long sessions" please?

Miles
Darius D
DariusD
Cumming, GA
Post #: 22
Hello I am looking for a group to play with and re learn the game. I have not played since 2nd edition and want to get back into pen and paper. Let me know if you still need someone.

Greetings, we always have room for 1 or 2 more players who can make sessions regularly. We play Saturdays starting at around 3-4pm and sessions end whenever people need to leave. Some members leave at midnight, but we usually "close" games sometime after.

There are two groups right now, each run by a different GM.

The other GM runs games in a very comic-esque style; the games are easier, more light-hearted, and more focused on hack and slash. His games usually cap out at around level 20, with most PCs attaining a level every session/every other session. Players rarely die.

I run story-and-roleplay emphasized games. My games do have lots of combat, don't get me wrong, but my world is exceedingly customized. The end result of this is that the games can be extremely organic. For example: I do not roll loot tables; however, if the timeline/events make sense for objects to be in a given location, they will be. Along with that "organic" element comes a lot of scale - players can have children and play them in future campaigns, for example. I am, perhaps unfortunately, not known for pulling too many blows - most players retire 1-3 characters per campaign under me. It's not deliberate. (For example, two sessions ago, my players KNEW there was an ambush coming up, then STILL decided to split the party. End result: party wipe).

Anyhow, if either game or both sounds of interest to you and you can dedicate at least 2 Saturdays a month, I'd love talking further. Just shoot me an email.
Darius D
DariusD
Cumming, GA
Post #: 23
Have been hunting for a 3.5 game for some time, and really miss playing (or DM'ing). Define "long sessions" please?

Miles

Miles, please see my reply above.
Darius D
DariusD
Cumming, GA
Post #: 27
It's that time again.

Our group is seeking one/two additional player for every other, or every, Saturday sessions. We have two games going, so there's room for flexibility. We usually start around 3-4 and end whenever everyone has to go. As mentioned above, our games are very non-standard. We run custom worlds, custom campaigns, but use modified 3.5/pathfinder rules to bring it all together. If you're a fan of story-driven games that involve strategy, tactics, and few rails, you'd probably enjoy ours.

Based on previous gamers we've partnered with, I suggest that anyone who shows interest be both open minded and fairly well experienced. One of our heavy regulars has called our group a little "challenging" to acclimate to. But, ultimtately, very rewarding. We play to both socialize with friends as well as tell fun stories.

Also: we're the group behind Battle Boards (www.battleboards.org), so we use lots of strategic combat and minis, though combat isn't the main focus of our games.