addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Gamers Guild Message Board General Discussion › Planned games and ideas for 2014!

Planned games and ideas for 2014!

Ted S.
user 11667404
Marietta, GA
Post #: 110
There has been some talk in the "2013" thread so it seemed like there should be a separate thread for the upcoming year. Perhaps the organizers can pin this one, as well.

I plan to do a one-shot of Prime Directive in January. It is the "Star Fleet Battles" RPG that uses GURPS.

Maybe in February I'll do a Tunnels & Trolls one-shot.

After that, I have a Swords & Wizardry one-shot scenario; probably in March. I believe S&W is what is referred to as a retro-clone of White Box.

Sometime in Spring or Summer I'll try Lamentations of the Flame Princess. That will probably go 3 or 4 sessions.

What do you folks have planned?

Paul M.
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 202
"Lamentations" looks good!
I have scheduled "Cthulhu Invictus" and "Monster of the Week" both to run January through June.
July to December will see a WW2 Cthulhu game, and something Sci-fi... "Paranoia","The Void","Heavy Gear" or "Doctor Who".
Tony R.
user 12737073
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 69
Signed me up for Lamentations of the Flame Princess! I actually want to run Lamentations as well, so hopefully they'll be plenty of weird B/X to go around!
A former member
Post #: 20
I would be all about playing in a T&T game as well as S&W and LotFP.

Depending on how my one-shot dungeon crawls go, I'd plan to start a sandbox hex crawl or mega-dungeon campaign (Devilmount, Anomalous Subsurface Environment, or Dyson's Delve-Deluxe) with an open table format where we run with whoever shows up for a given session. Either w/ B/X, Labyrinth Lord (perhaps with AEC), Microlite81 or something really rules lite, like Searchers of the Unknown.

For my home game, I'm preparing to run a campaign set in feudal Japan with mid to high level fantasy elements. Since I'm doing all this research anyway, I am thinking of running something similar here (or maybe making this a hex crawl). Rules could be anything from YamatoM20 (it's like Microlite20 meets concepts from Fate), to Labyrinth Lord, to 1e with Oriental Adventures. I'm in the process of acquiring the Usagi Yojimbo RPG, so who knows ,maybe that system.
Ted S.
user 11667404
Marietta, GA
Post #: 114

Okay, that's only four people. Who else is planning to run stuff at a Friendly Local Game Store?
A former member
Post #: 35
Weeell - Depending on how things play out, I still want to run a good old fashioned Earthdawn game, or any of a number of lower-commitment games as one-to-three shots. Marvel Superheros (in a non-marvel world), Mutant Future-Labryinth Lord in a zombie apocalypse, etc.
A former member
Post #: 23
oooo FASERIP Marvel Superheroes?

And a Mutant Future - Labyrinth Lord game would be fantastic!

If even half of all of these ideas come through, it's going to be an awesome year of gaming.
Paul M.
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 203
Might be an idea to have an old school or one-shot day each month?
I have a ton of games that I'd love to demo without committing to a campaign.
We could have a few GMs and people can pick up whatever they want to play on the day, and the GMs can play a game if there isn't demand for theirs.
We used to do it that way, that's how I started my Cthulhu sessions.
A former member
Post #: 36
Paul, I like this idea. Maybe take a page from the Pathfinder Society forums and have a post where the possible games are listed and people can sign up for them. Then we'd know what interest there was before the games got on . . . perhaps it would be handled through RSVPs?
Paul M.
user 13424357
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 204
Yep. That's the format we used to have when we had "Return to Gigabites" sessions.