At this meetup, Ted Epstein from ModelSolv (http://www.modelsolv.com) will lead a discussion of Media Types, and their central role in REST.
Some of the topics we'll cover include:
• Media Types as a strategy for interoperability among browsers, REST clients and services
• Common media types for REST
• Media Type specification and registration
• Link Relations
• An interpretation of the Hypermedia principle (HATEOAS): "The whole media type, and nothing but the media type."
• HTTP Content Negotiation
• Media Type extensibility with subtypes, parameters and profiles.
NOTE: If your company has a suitable location and would like to host an API-Craft NYC meetup, please contact [masked].