Location visible to members
APRIL 2018 SPRING TRAINING CAMP - We are going back to Italy to the “Hotel Belvedere”, in Riccione in Italy. We enjoyed last year and we are going back.
Hotel Belvedere is one of the best cycling holiday hotels in the world, and is widely written up and reviewed, and really wants non-cycling partners to join their cycling partners on holiday.
The riding is very good with a lot of different groups going out every day, from race speed to 30-40km on hybrid bikes. They can cater for all of our needs.
There are activities for non-riding partners. A big plus. The facilitates are very good and the food is amazing!
This trip is cycling focused, and the activities will be structured around cycling, with some non-coached triathlon options. We may have access to a 50m pool.
When: Saturday 31st March to Sunday 8th April, 2018 (8 days or 7 nights Saturday - Saturday)
Hotel Belvedere, .V.Le Gramsci 95, 47838, Riccione
- Guided riding.
- There are 5 groups a day going out of the hotel from hard core race groups to a group riding hybrid bikes and doing 20-40km. Something for everyone.
- No van support. These are guided rides. Join the group that best suites you.
LEISURE TOUR (20 – 40 km, 10 - 18 km/h)
PANORAMA TOUR (40 – 60 km, 18 – 20 km/h)
EXPLORER TOUR (70 – 90 km, 20-22 km/h)
ROAD TOUR (90 – 110 km, 22 - 26 km/h)
RACING TOUR (100 – 160 km, 26 - 30 km/h)
Activities for non-riding or not as active partners
YES - the hotel wants non-riding partners to come and have a holiday while their riding partner is out suffering they will arrange events. These vary from yoga to cooking classes to site seeing the local villages. If the riders meet offset for a post ride lunch, the hotel will take all non-riders out to the lunch as well. I think the non-cyclists could be in for a real holiday, while us cyclists suffer…...
8 nights from Saturday 31st March to 8th April 2018
• Basic double or twin room based on two people sharing at €132 per person per night = €1,056 per person
• Medium Glamour double or twin room with balcony based on two people sharing at €1,216 per person
Extra €2.50 per day tourist tax.
Any discounts for group bookings to be shared across the group (5% for 11 or more and 10% for 20 or more). 30% discount for the third person in a room.
You can stay for longer and there is a per day cost.
Deposit of €250pp due on booking, with remainder due on arrival.
The cost includes:
- Rich and energizing breakfast buffet
- Afternoon recovery buffet lunch post ride
- Italian buffet dinner including mineral waters, iced tea and local house wines.
- Free WIFI internet connection throughout the hotel
- Bike wash area with complete cleaning equipment
- Secured bike storage with CCTV
- Entrance and use of our 450 square meter wellness & spa centre
- Evening photo slide show & get-together of the bike tours
Laundry - free cycling clothes. All other clothes at your own cost
- Bologna 1 hr (3 direct flights per day on KLM)
- Venice 2.5 hrs
- Florence 2.5 hrs
- Verona 2.5hrs
- Ancona 1 hr
Easyjet and Transavia fly into the other destinations and some of the flights I saw were VERY cheap as another option. Maybe cheaper to fly to Venice and rent a car between 2 people for example, than flying into Bologna on KLM and use a transfer.
Either rent a car, or we will work out what flights people are on and arrange a transfer. This is extra, and budget on €[masked] per person.
There was a airport to Riccione bus service that started around this time last year. No details available yet.
Rental bikes - are available, but likely to be cheaper to take your own bike.
450sm Spa & Wellness Centre. Included in the cost. Massages and treatments are extra.
HOW TO BOOK
1. Email Daniela at [masked]
2. Say you are part of ATAC to get the group rate
3. Pay the deposit to the hotel
4. Say who you are sharing with.
5. Book your own flights. Make sure you reserve for your bike, or book a bike with the hotel
6. Book a rental car between two people. We looked at transfers last year, and this was the best option, and it also allows us to do day trips with the rental cars.
Let Hamish know you have booked and your flights.