This month: Major announcements for the WWTO community + our annual tech writers recap of CES and a special presentation by 3Glasses VR and SOMO by Sonic Wear
CES just wrapped up earlier this month are continuing our tradition to host a panel of tech journalists post-event to recap what they saw and help us wade through the wearable tech trends which will dominate 2016.
Plus we have a special presentation of 3Glasses D2 Vanguard Edition, the first ever virtual reality headset with a revolutionary 2K resolution display with VP, Philip Kong video conferencing in from China.
And Toronto-based SonicWear joins us on stage with a live dance performance using SOMO, a wireless, wearable motion-tracking device that turns movement into music.
In the demo area go hands-on with demos of 3Glasses VR, MiaoMiao Games' Whisper Dungeon Google Cardboard game, SOMO wireless motion-tracking device for dancers by Sonic Wear, Connected DJ by Connected Labs and the Muse Monitor app. Just added: Able Bionics will also join the expo to feature the latest in wearable robotic exoskeletons.
Plus we are featuring a "Pitch a Tech Writer" table in the expo where you will have one-on-one access to four tech writers who write for MobileSyrup, BetaKit, Tom's Hardware, Electric Runway, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and more. The table will be open from 8:30-10PM.
This event is free. Just RSVP here on Meetup.com. Food and beer provided to registered attendees thanks to our sponsors Lake Wilcox Brewery and Pizza Pizza.
- - - - - - - - - -
6:30-7:00: Doors open + networking and expo begins
7:00-7:15: Opening Remarks & Major Announcements - Tom Emrich, Founder, We Are Wearables
7:15-7:45: Tech Writers Recap CES 2016 featuring:
• Alex Davies - Tom's Hardware
• Ted Kristonis - Globe and Mail, Calgary Herald, WhatsYourTech.ca and WiFi HiF
• Patrick O'Rourke - MobileSyrup
• Daniel Bader - MobileSyrup
• Amanda Cosco - Electric Runway
• Tom Emrich - MobileSyrup, BetaKit
7:45-8:00: SOMO by Sonic Wear presented by Loretta Faveri, Founder
8:00-8:20: Special presentation of 3Glasses VR including a Q&A with Philip Kong, Vice President
8:20-10:00: Networking & Expo continues with the following companies:
• 3Glasses VR (http://the3glasses.com/usd/), the first ever virtual reality headset with a revolutionary 2K resolution display
• MiaoMiao Games (http://miaomiaogames.com/) featuring Whisper Dungeon, a new Google Cardboard game
• SOMO by Sonic Wear (http://sonicwear.ca/), a wireless, wearable motion-tracking device that turns movement into music
• Connected DJ by Connected Lab (http://connectedlab.com/), an intelligent music app that will DJ your party and allow your guests to add music to the playlist. It’s the smart, shared playlist your whole party will love
• Muse Monitor (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/muse-monitor/id988527143?ls=1&mt=8), Get real time EEG brainwave data beautifully graphed, right on your phone or tablet with this smartphone app for Muse.
• Pitch a tech writer table open from 8:30-10PM
• Able Bionics (https://ablebionics.com/) - exoskeleton therapy, training and sales company selling the ReWalk Personal 6.0, Keeogo and Rex Bionics
- - - - - - - - - -
A big thanks to our sponsors MaRS Discovery District Centre, EY Canada, Proto3000, Herscu & Goldsilver, 3Glasses and Extreme Innovations for making this event possible.