We Are Wearables is back at our home at MaRS and this month we are celebrating the Toronto Wearable Ecosystem. We the North, We Are Wearables!
We are bringing the TO wearables family together to reconnect YOU with many of the startups we have featured over the past 2.5+ years including Nymi, Kiwi, MetaVRse, Subpac, Magniware (Rthm), BreqLabs, TritonWear, QTemp, Sonic Wear, InteraXon (Muse), Proto3000, Globacore, OMERS Ventures, Myant, Neutun Labs and Awake Labs.
PLUS the original Canadian Google Glass Explorers reunite to chime in on the growing smart glasses space.
**We have 15 startups in the demo area at this event**
Toronto is a major centre of innovation for wearable tech. Join us in a night of fireside chats, demos and networking to celebrate this space and find out where it is headed.
Food & drinks including beer and wine will be served.
- - - - - - - - - - -
6:30-7:00PM: Registration & Demo Area Opens
7:00-7:10PM: Opening Remarks from the WWTO Team and our Sponsors
7:10-7:25PM: Fireside chat with Ali Nawab - CEO & Founder, Kiwi moderated by Tom Emrich, We Are Wearables & Super Ventures
7:25-7:40PM: Fireside chat with Karl Martin - Founder & CTO, Nymi moderated by Tom Emrich, We Are Wearables & Super Ventures
7:40-7:55PM: Fireside chat with Ariel Garten - Founder, InteraXon moderated by Tom Emrich, We Are Wearables & Super Ventures
7:55-8:10PM: Fireside chat with Prashant Matta - Associate, OMERS Ventures moderated by Douglas Soltys - Editor-in-Chief, BetaKit
• 8:10-8:25PM: Panel: The original Canadian Google Glass Explorers reunite to talk on the future of smart glasses
• Macy Kuang
• Emir Hasanbegovic via Skype
• Ahmad Nassri
• Brian Best via Skype
• Moderated by Tom Emrich, We Are Wearables & Super Ventures
8:25-8:30PM: Closing Remarks
8:30-10:00PM: Networking and Demo Area which includes 15 companies:
• Kiwi (https://kiwi.ai/#/) - the world's smartest gesture recognition platform
• Muse (http://www.choosemuse.com/) - the brainsensing headband making meditation easy
• Nymi (https://nymi.com/product_overview) - the hearbeat authentication bracelet powering the enterprise
• Myant (http://www.myant.ca/) - the first vertical production house designed to support the creation of wearable technology including its own line of wearable tech fashion line Vagalume
• Magniware (Rthm (https://getrthm.com/)) - the world's most advanced fitness tracker powered by genetics
• Proto3000 (http://proto3000.com/) - professional 3D printing services and rapid prototyping
• Subpac (http://subpac.com/subpac-m2/) - an immersive wearable sound experience taking VR to the next level
• Neutun Labs (https://www.neutun.com/) - a smartwatch application that makes it easy to track, manage and live with epilepsy
• Globacore (https://www.globacore.com/) - a creative technology company behind some of the world's most interactive virtual reality experiences
• SoMo by Sonic Wear (http://sonicwear.ca/) - a wireless, wearable motion-tracking device that turns movement into music
• QTemp (http://qtemp.co/) - a wearable weather station that protects your skin health
• TritonWear (https://www.tritonwear.com/) - a wearable for competitive swimming
• BreqLabs (http://www.breqlabs.com/website/) - makers of the ExoGlove to put your hands in virtual reality
• MetaVRse (http://metavrse.co/) - a Virtual Reality events company
• Awake Labs (http://www.awakelabs.com/) - a wearable for autism
- - - - - - - - -
A big thanks to our sponsors for making this event possible including our partner MaRS Discovery District Centre (https://www.marsdd.com/) and Super Ventures (http://www.superventures.com/) our sponsors Proto3000 (http://proto3000.com/), Extreme Innovations (http://extremeinnovations.com) and Herscu & Goldsilver (http://www.herscugoldsilver.com/).
- - - - - - - - - -
If you are interested in speaking, demoing or sponsoring this event, please contact Tom at [masked] . We are also looking for volunteers to help with registration.