We invite you to the launch of AWE Nite TO (formerly WWTO) an evening dedicated to explore the AR opportunity and to celebrate the AR activity in the city of Toronto.
This event will specifically take a look at AR & entertainment including augmented reality's impact on TV & Film, music, games and toys.
Featuring speakers and demos from CBC, CFC, Spin Master, E One Entertainment, Globacore, Quantum Capture, Jam3, Nordicity, You Are Here, Breq Labs, Gimme 360, IDEABOOST and Battleverse.
NOTE: We have a strict capacity for this event! Please arrive early to guarantee entry.
Interested in demoing, speaking, sponsoring or volunteering at this event? Fill out this form: https://augmentedworldexpo.com/awe-nite-meetups/
6:00-6:30PM: Doors open and demos
6:30-6:40PM: Opening Remarks and "The AR Roundup" By Tom Emrich - Partner at Super Ventures & Producer at AWE
6:40-6:50PM: "Forecasting AR: A 5-Year Perspective" by Kristian Roberts Partner, Nordicity
6:50-7:20PM: AR & Entertainment Panel
- Ana Serrano - Chief Digital Officer, CFC & Managing Director, IDEABOOST
- Richard Kanee - Head of Digital, CBC
- John Bolton - CTO, Globacore
- Cathy Hackl, Futurist, You Are Here
- Rob Hill - Senior Producer Augmented Reality Projects, Spin Master
Moderated by Laura Mingail - Senior Director, Marketing & Business Development, Secret Location – an Entertainment One Company
7:20-7:30PM: Live on-stage Demo: Virtual Humans & Entertainment with Morgan Young - Co-Founder, Quantum Capture and Heather Phenix - Executive Producer, Jam3
7:30-9:00PM: Networking and Demos
- Battleverse: Canada's 1st Multiplayer Augmented Reality Games Arena
- Gimme360: easy to use AR Platform
- BreqLabs: Provides mobile AR and VR hand interaction solutions
- Quantum Capture: Creators of a virtual humans platform
- Globacore: Creators of HoloLems, a game on the Microsoft HoloLens
- IDEABOOST - Toronto-based business accelerator and startup community for companies that are building the next generation of technology-based media and entertainment products, services, and brands
- RBC FutureMakers: FutureMakers is an RBC program that brings together diverse tech professionals to share knowledge and discuss major tech advances
Pizza, wine and beer will be served at this event. You must be of legal drinking age to attend. ID may be requested at the bar.
Thank You to Our Sponsors and Partners
A huge thank you to our venue partner RBC FutureMakers and to our event partners AugmentedReality.org, Super Ventures, IDEABOOST, Proto3000, and NeuronicWorks for making this event possible. And to Sipbar and Pizza Pizza, our partners for our eats and drinks.
Read more about our sponsors and partners on our website at https://www.awetoronto.com/events/2018/5/8/the-state-of-ar-in-canada-awe-nite-to-launch