this time the meetup is hosted by the Glomex GmbH (http://www.glomex.com/), so we meet a little bit north (the wall) and enjoy food and drinks in the "Besucher-Pavillon from ProSiebenSat.1".
Access: Please bring any photo identification (Lichtbildausweis) and register at the reception of Gutenbergstrasse 1. From there follow the AWS Meetup signs.
There are basically two ways to get to ProSiebenSat.1 with public transportation:
• Take the S8 via Ostbahnhof to the airport and exit in Unterföhring
• Take U6 to Studentenstadt, than take the bus 233 and exit at Medienalle
• 19:00: Food, Drinks and Networking
• 19:30: Markus Ostertag (Team Internet) - Recent announcements and news from AWS
• 20:00: Andreas Sieferlinger (Glomex GmbH) - How to manage a multi AWS account infrastructure
Andreas is responsible for the Glomex multi-account structure and in his talk he will answer …
- WHY I want a multi AWS account setup?
- HOW have we implemented this?
- WHICH pitfalls did we experience?
- WHICH tools do we use?
• 20:30: Markus Schmidberger (Glomex GmbH) - Experiences with Serverless Big Data
Markus is leading the data service team at Glomex GmbH. As a follow-up to his AWS Summit Talk about “Big Data is Dead, Long Live Business Intelligence? (http://aws-de-media.s3.amazonaws.com/images/AWS_Summit_Berlin_2016/sessions/small_things_big_data_1300_big_data_is_dead_long_live_business_intelligence.pdf)“ he will provide technical insides about what went well and what created challenges for doing Big Data analyses on AWS.
• 21:00: Michael Ludwig (NetLight Consulting) - Big Data Processing with Spark and AWS EMR
Michael is a Big Data consultant working in the data services team at Glomex GmbH. He will show in this lightning talk how they are using AWS EMR (Elastic MapReduce) together with Apache Spark to do processing of large amounts of data utilizing short-lived clusters.
• 21:20: Networking and more drinks
If you have an office or coworking space where we can meet [masked] persons), want to sponsor drinks/food or have a (lightning) talk you want to present - please let us know!