A South Mountain favorite! Let’s hike to Hidden Valley! The estimated hike time is 2 hours and is a moderate hike. I estimate the hike at around 5 miles. If your a begginning hiker this will be a turn around hike, we can always pick you up on the way back!
Bring plenty of water and snacks if you need them.
Here are the directions to the parking lot. Follow them to the letter and you can find us with NO problem.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the North shelter.
Let's get out and hike!