addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

AZ Single Adventurers Message Board › Looking for event organizers!

Looking for event organizers!

Lisa
user 2929105
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 179
Can you host 1 meetup per month for our group? We need people who like to do at least one of the following:

mountain biking
road biking
disc golf
running
hiking
trail running
out of town trips
camping
fitness general (things that can be done in the Scottsdale greenbelt)
water sports (rowing/kayaking/canoe)
Brian
Briandotkim
San Diego, CA
Post #: 18
I can host a beginner-friendly mountain bike ride around Papago Park on a regular basis if anyone is interested.
Lisa
user 2929105
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 181
fantastic! I can make you an event host and you can test it out if you want.
Lisa
user 2929105
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 182
We don't do those types of events in this group. Try having fun in social AZ. I don't do events centered around getting "sloshed" because I am a non-drinker.

Hey Lisa! I just recently joined the group, but would love to plan some monthly events for this summer. I don't know if it is viewable yet but I extended my FB invitation for our first Summer Sloshball game coming up on the 30th. We are planning on having at least 1 every month from here until September (ish) and I would be very happy to include this group!

Brian
Briandotkim
San Diego, CA
Post #: 19
Great! Is anyone here interested in those? And if so, what's a good time slot? Papago Park is nice in that if you're not comfortable riding any section, they're short enough that you can just skip them or walk them. A functional mountain bike (hybrid bikes probably won't do so well,) will be needed. It doesn't need to be high-end, expensive, or recent, but it does need to be functional.
Lisa
user 2929105
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 183
My guess is not many people read these boards. I get an e-mail when someone posts on them. So you likely won't get a response to your question here :0(

By the way, Paul told me he will host a bike ride to our brunch event next week so if he does in fact post you will be able to gauge interest in a bike ride.
Brian
Briandotkim
San Diego, CA
Post #: 20
Sounds like a good plan. I guess I didn't want to post an event if no one was interested, so I'll see if there's any interest first.

The local mountain biking groups host a lot of rides, but they are quite often challenging, not beginner-friendly, and far away, so I figured I'd try to host something closer and less intimidating.
Tom C.
user 37261372
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 3
I used to teach recreational kayaking for parks and rec in Northern AZ. I still have my fleet of kayaks (6 singles and 2 tandems) that I use for family/friends occassionally. I go weekly to east valley locales: Granite-reef dam at the lower Salt, Saguaro and Canyon Lakes. Could host monthly for newbies?
Lisa
user 2929105
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 187
Would there be a rental cost associated with the kayaks? I know I have members interested in kayaking. You should contact Paul (our assistant organizer) or talk to Randy who is hosting our Kayak event at the end of the month. Maybe you could all plan a good event for us. I am not comfortable around open water so I am not quick to try these things!
Tom C.
user 37261372
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 4
No costs but would have to sign a liability waiver. But it sounds like you got this covered elsewhere. Let me know if this any future interests. Thx