This is a group for anyone who is experiencing, or has experienced, any form of anxiety and is over 18 years of age. The group is managed by a qualified clinical hypnotherapist and psychotherapist who specialises in anxiety.
Our purpose is to promote mental wellness through education and therapy sessions; to encourage positive interactions through friendship and social events. We are sensitive to the needs of others and create a safe and supportive environment for all.
Due to current UK government guidelines on COVID-19 we are unable to host events in person. However, we can connect and host events online.
1. Confidentiality. Please respect the privacy of fellow members and treat personal conversations as private and confidential. Exercise caution when giving out your personal details, we suggest not giving out phone numbers. Members can communicate via the app and other social media.
2. Be understanding towards each other. Anxiety manifests itself differently in every individual. If people don't wish to talk, participate in conversations or events, or decide to leave an event early, understand that they may be finding things difficult. Don't pressurise other members or draw attention to them in these circumstances. Don't be offended if a person doesn't wish to exchange personal details with you.
3. Feel free to invite friends. We welcome guests of members and understand that this may make it easier for some members to attend meet-ups.
4. Respect the choices of others. As above, we all experience anxiety in different ways and different strategies help different people recover. Please don't criticise the choices others have made, e.g with regards to medication, alternative therapies, holistic healing ect.
5. Make suggestions. We are a new group and welcome any suggestions to help us develop and meet the needs of our members.
6. Be supportive and positive. We provide a supportive environment and if you wish to discuss any problems you are facing, we are here to listen. We like to focus on positivity, so try and offer hope and encouragement to others and remember to listen as well as to talk.
7. Due to the social aspect of the group, members must be over 18 years of age.
Contacts: Please direct any general enquiries to the group organiser, Sharon Annand. For event specific questions, please contact the event host.
Mental Health Support in Aberdeen:
Mental Health Aberdeen (MHA). A free information and councelling service in Aberdeen. Accepts self-referrals. https://www.mha.uk.net/