Khumbu Region, Nepal, Singapore
More Than A Trek - Everest Circuit Trek
The Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal is one of the most popular trekking routes in the Himalayas and is visited by thousands of trekkers each year. The trek has become an achievable goal for people from all walks of life who want a glimpse of the world’s highest peak.
For those with more time and stamina to spare, it is well worth to include Gokyo Lakes and Cho La Pass to Everest Base Camp for a Everest Circuit Trek. This circular trek combines all the significant places in the Everest region into one trek. It covers the classic close-up views of Everest from Kalapathar, the exciting thrill of stepping foot on Everest Base Camp, the awesome experience to reach the world’s highest freshwater lakes - Gokyo Lakes, the rewarding ascent of Gokyo Ri (5357m) for a superb panoramic view of the Himalayas and the highlight of crossing a 5000m pass - Cho La Pass.
The pristine blue and green Gokyo Lakes are one of the Himalayas' most magnificent sights. They formed the world’s highest freshwater lake system at around 5000m. There are 6 main lakes, of which Thonak Lake is the largest. A trek to the lakes often include an ascent to Gokyo Ri (5357m) where the panoramic view of the Himalayas, including Mt Everest and the lakes can be seen.
Cho La Pass
Cho La Pass located at 5420m is the "bridge" between Gokyo Valley and Khumbu Valley. It connects the village of Dzongla (4830m) to the east and the village of Thagnak (4700m) to the west. Crossing the pass is a highlight, at the same time, one of the most physically demanding section of the Everest Circuit Trek.
About The Climb
We start the Everest Circuit Trek with a flight into Lukla. We trek up to Namche Bazaar, the unofficial Sherpa capital with its diverse and colorful mix of people, Sherpa museum, monastery and busy market stalls full of local products and Tibetan artifacts – an interesting and thoroughly rewarding experience. Leaving the popular Everest Base Camp trails behind us, we trek up the serene Gokyo Valley, passing 3 breathtakingly beautiful blue glacial lakes set among glistening, snow-capped peaks. At Gokyo Valley, we'll have a chance to ascend Gokyo Ri in the crisp early sunrise for an incredible, awe-inspiring 360 degree view of many of the world’s highest peaks – Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Nupste and Makalu and the massive Nagozumpa glacier (the longest glacier in Nepal). After exploring the Gokyo Valley, we cross the challenging Cho La Pass to Khumbu Valley to head to Everest Base Camp and Kalapathar. The pass will bring you from snowfields into a broad secluded valley. After exploring Kalapathar and Everest Base Camp, we start our descend through Pheriche, Pangboche (traditional Sherpa villages) and Thyangboche (Buddhist monastery) to end our Everest Circuit Trek.
ABOUT MORE THAN A TREK
More Than A Trek is Ace Adventure Expeditions’ charity initiatives to give back to the local communities we travel to. The aim is to help improve the living standards of some of the world’s most marginalized groups or communities, including in Singapore. We identified and tie-up with charities or NGOs to raise awareness and fund for their projects. Thus far, supporting community and environmental projects in Singapore, Indonesia and Nepal.
More Than A Trek in Nepal
School Scholarship Fund for D2N. Education is free in Nepal, but many children cannot afford school supplies, uniforms, backpacks or even adequate shoes and a winter coat. The scholarship fund preferentially selects women of lower castes. As long as the kids are attending school and progressing, their scholarship will be renewed annually. It cost $100 to sponsor a kid per year.
Included in the package fee is a contribution of $100 to sponsor a kid for a year. More Than A Trek’s participants are also encouraged to raise more fund through their friends and networks to sponsor more kids.
Package Fee: $2830 per person (6 - 12 people)
(Exclude international air ticket / include $100 contribution to D2N's School Scholarship)
Dates: 30 April - 20 May 2017
Duration: 21 days
Trek Grading: 2C+
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 2: Half day city tour. Trek briefing & preparation. Welcome dinner.B/-/D
Day 3: Flight to Lukla. Trek to Phakding.B/L/D
Day 4-5: Trek to Namche Bazaar. Acclimatisation & rest day in Namche Bazaar.B/L/D
Day 6: Trek to Kumjung.B/L/D
Day 7-10: For the next few days, trek to Gokyo Valley where the magnificent views of Cho Oyu is in full sight and climb to the top of Gokyo Ri for the stunning views of Mt. Everest and the pristine Gokyo Lakes.B/L/D
Day 11: Trek on the moraines of the Ngozumpa Glacier to Thangna.B/L/D
Day 12-13: Cross the challenging Chola Pass and trek to Lobuche.B/L/D
Day 14-15: Trek to Gorak Shep and spend the next 2 days on excursions to Kala Pathar and Everest Base CampB/L/D
Day 16-18: Descend to Lukla via Pheriche and Thyangboche.B/L/D
Day 19: Lukla to Kathmandu.B/-/-
Day 20: Contingency day. Free & easy in Kathmandu if not used.B/L/D. (Only breakfast in hotel is included in Kathmandu if contingency day is not used on trek)
Day 21: Depart Kathmandu. (Programme ends here. Next day arrival on flight, if any, not reflected in itinerary )B/-
Outside of Trek:
- $100 contribution to D2N's School Scholarship
-2-ways airport transfers from Tribhuvan International Airport
-Pre and post climb/trek accommodation in local hotel in Kathmandu – twin/triple sharing
- Daily breakfast at hotel in Kathmandu
- Pre expedition welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu - Lukla round trip airfare (domestic); Airport departure taxes for domestic (Lukla) flight
- 2-ways airport transfer on domestic flight
- Trekking permit (TIMS) fee; Sagarmatha National Park entry fee
- Trekking guides; porters on trek to carry personal duffels; - Insurance for trek staffs
- Free use/loan of personal trekking gear – Down jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag
- 3 daily meals during the trek - breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Boiled drinking water, tea & coffee during trek
- Teahouse accommodation during trek - twin or triple room sharing
- 1st aid support and management
- One bottle of oxygen set on trek in case of medical problems; Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC) for
- International flight to Kathmandu and the relevant tax /fuel charges
- 30days Nepal travel visa - USD40 (apply upon arrival – 1 passport size photo)
- All meals in Kathmandu except breakfast in hotel and dinner on Day1
- Soft drinks, juices, alcholic drinks, including bottled water
- Hot shower at guesthouses during trek (est. about S$5-6 per shower or Rs[masked])
- Electricity charging service at guesthouses (est. about S$2 - S$6/hour charge or Rs150 – 500)
- Personal travel & trekking items/gear
- Personal expenses & shopping
- Travel Insurance (Mandatory. Please ensure that travel insurance purchased covers trekking to 6000m)
- All tipping
- Any expenses including accommodation, meals & transfer outside the stipulated group itinerary – i.e any
person leaving the group for personal travel, meals or any form of extension of stay
- Emergency evacuation and medical expenses
Support from Ace Adventure Expeditions
We provide pre-trip support to prepare you for the climb:
1. Trip briefing
2. Equipment preparation & gear discount from selected Singapore outdoor outfitters
3. Physical training preparation
4. Trip information kit
We carefully select and establish strong working relationship with our local trek operator to ensure safe participation by everyone. Our local climbing guides have extensive experience in guiding treks in the Everest and other regions in Nepal, possess intimate knowledge of the local surroundings, conditions and culture and are trained in wilderness 1st aid and emergency rescue.
Fair Treatment to Porters
Our porter to trekker ratio is 1:1. This is to ensure fair treatment to the porters that each porter does not carry an excessive heavy load for the duration of the trek. The 1:1 ration also helps to create more jobs for the locals who work as porters for a living.
How to Sign Up :
Please read our T&Cs before signing up.
(1) Fill up the below 2 online forms:
(2) Make payment
Make deposit payment of $800 via internet or ATM transfer or cheque
Ace Adventure Expeditions Pte Ltd
OCBC Bank Code - 7339
OCBC Branch Code - 647
Ø For bank transfer, please indicate your name
Ø For cheque drop, please indicate your cheque number via email
Ø For ATM transfer, please let us know the transaction details
We have many posts on our treks on our facebook
You can also form a private group of join an international open group for our treks in Nepal
For enquiry send us an email : [masked]